On August 29, members of the newly shaped Ukrainian Parliament gathered for the opening session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. On the very first workday, they dismissed the previous government and approved the new Cabinet.
Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk chaired the new government. MPs also dismissed Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko and appointed his successor Ruslan Ryaboshapka. The lawmakers also made a hallmark decision to lift the parliamentary immunity from themselves.
The session began at 10 a.m. Thursday and concluded already on 2.30 a.m. Friday, lasting approximately 13 hours. Newly elected Speaker of the Parliament Dmytro Razumkov claimed that Servant of the People party will act as the parliamentary majority.
The next session of the Parliament is slated for September 3.
29 August 2019, 19:01 Day of memory of defenders of Ukraine observed in Kyiv
29 August 2019, 18:57 Sentsov in Moscow: Ukraine-Russia prisoners exchange possible?
29 August 2019, 18:55 Ukrainian Parliament of the 9th convocation starts working
28 August 2019, 19:38 Kyrylo Vyshynsky, Editor-in-Chief of RIA Novosti Ukraine walks free
28 August 2019, 19:37 112 Ukraine TV channel crew attacked during filming story in Kharkiv region
27 August 2019, 18:54 Zelensky's 100 days in office of president of Ukraine
- FINANCE 23 February 2020, 18:05 Ukraine to purchase missile weapons for about 95 mln dollars in 2020
- POLITICS 23 February 2020, 17:21 Ukraine initiates new evacuation of its citizens from Wuhan
- FINANCE 23 February 2020, 18:53 Director of one of Ukroboronprom defence concern plants detained for bribery
- SOCIETY 23 February 2020, 15:47 Coronavirus cases exceeded 100 in Italy
- SOCIETY 23 February 2020, 14:01 Hosted in Ukraine evacuee from Wuhan diagnosed with chronic disease, not coronavirus