The UN International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea will hold public hearings on Russia capturing Ukrainian sailors. Olena Zerkal, Ukraine's Deputy Foreign Minister for European Integration reported that. The public hearings will take place on May 10 and May 11, 2019.
In November 2018, the coast guard ships of the Russian Navy attacked the ships of the Ukrainian Navy in the Kerch Strait. Ukrainian ships were rejected passage. Russian coast guars opened adjusted fire on them, which resulted in injuries for three Ukrainian sailors.
All 24 were captured and taken to the Russian remand centre in Moscow. Ukraine considers the captured servicemen prisoners of war.
24 April 2019, 20:00 Ukraine’s Airborne Troops perform combat training in Donbas
23 April 2019, 18:54 Over 18 million Ukrainians voted during presidential election in 2019
22 April 2019, 18:47 Presidential election in Ukraine free, fair and democratic, Ukrainian government
19 April 2019, 17:12 Day of presidential debates in Ukraine
18 April 2019, 19:37 Russia bans export of oil and petroleum products to Ukraine
18 April 2019, 19:34 EU demands that Russia release Ukrainian sailors
- UKRAINE TOP 21 August 2019, 18:56 President’s Office announces delay of fines for cars with foreign registration
- UKRAINE TOP 21 August 2019, 16:16 Name of new prime minister to be announced on August 29
- UKRAINE TOP 21 August 2019, 15:01 Russia releases political prisoner Ternovsky due to end of imprisonment
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21 August 2019, 11:41 Ukraine's army aviation, AA defense units hold drills in Donetsk region
- UKRAINE TOP 21 August 2019, 16:42 Russia ready to send Ukrainian prisoners back to Ukraine, - media