It's been exactly 100 years since the Act of Unity of the Ukrainian and the Western Ukrainian People's Republics was proclaimed. The venue of this historical event was Sofiyska Square in Kyiv.
The Act of Unity gave life to a state that briefly but fiercely fought for independence and ceased to be in less than a year after that. Despite the fact that Ukraine lost its statehood in that struggle, this particular day is still celebrated as the Day of the National Unity.
22 January 2019, 00:00 Ukraine-Russia-EU talks underway in Brussels
21 January 2019, 23:58 Media freedom restrictions observed in Ukraine, - Human Rights Watch report
18 January 2019, 19:55 Kyiv asks UN to put pressure on Russia to release Ukrainian sailors
17 January 2019, 20:18 Ukraine among countries where Facebook restricts political publicity
17 January 2019, 20:17 Roman Sushchenko’s family visits him in Russian jail
16 January 2019, 21:14 All detained Ukrainian sailors to stay in custody in Russia until April 24
- RUSSIA 18 April 2019, 13:13 Russia bans export of petroleum, petroleum products to Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 18 April 2019, 12:51 Ukraine had chances to defend Crimea in 2014, - Armed Forces General Staff Chief
- UKRAINE TOP 18 April 2019, 11:01 Zelensky wants to legalize medical marijuana, prostitution
- UKRAINE TOP 18 April 2019, 08:59 Debates at Olimpiyskiy: NTU Chairman tells about organization
- UKRAINE TOP 18 April 2019, 12:24 Russia’s FSB, GRU should be recognized as terrorist organizations, - official