42 inhabited localities in two regions of Ukraine suffered the consequences of harsh weather; 38 of those in Dnipropetrovsk region, the rest - in Luhansk region, southeastern and eastern Ukraine, respectively.
Last week, heavy rains and thunderstorms hit these areas, which resulted in fallen trees and flooded streets and basements. The emergency service crews are now pumping out the water and taking away the tree logs.
Weather forecasters promise more thunderstorms in Kyiv, Odesa and Kherson regions.
As we reported earlier, 384 Ukrainian settlements remain without electricity because of the strong wind and rain. Thus, the settlements in Dnepropetrovsk (157), Kyiv (104), Vinnytsia (33), Poltava (26), Kirovograd (15), Zaporizhzhya (14), Kherson (12), Cherkassy (10), Mykolaiv (8) and Luhansk (5) regions are now without electricity.
29 June 2018, 19:00 VIDEO DIGEST June 2018
26 June 2018, 18:42 Ombudswomen of Ukraine, Russia eager to visit political prisoners
25 June 2018, 18:52 US urges Russia to stop persecuting Crimean Tatars
25 June 2018, 18:50 PACE to consider issue of Ukrainian political prisoners in Russia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21 September 2018, 12:55 Third Prime Minister of Ukraine Vitaliy Masol dies
- POLITICS 21 September 2018, 09:30 U.S. imposes sanctions against Russian entities, individuals related to defense industry
- FINANCE 21 September 2018, 12:01 SAP Head submits petition to lift immunity of people's deputy Mosiychuk
- UKRAINE TOP 21 September 2018, 11:21 Issuance of Hungarian passports in Zakarpattia challenge for national security - Ukraine's Foreign Minister
- SOCIETY 21 September 2018, 08:04 Mass poisoning after field irrigation in Ternopil region