Novoaidar district court of Luhansk region sentenced Russian army’s soldier Viktor Ageev to ten years-long imprisonment. His lawyer Viktor Chevguz reported that on Facebook.
According to him, the prosecutor’s office found out that Ageev joined the so-called ‘Luhansk People’s Republic’ as a contract soldier. The Russian army serviceman also faced charges with illegal storage of weapons and ammunition.
Ageev was detained in the combat area of Donbas last year. He confirmed that he served with the Russian Armed Forces.
17:53, 25 January Searches in occupied Crimea: two Crimean Tatars detained
17:56, 22 January Seven Ukrainians die in terrorist attack in Kabul
17:53, 22 January Ukrainians celebrate National Unity Day
20:21, 19 January Avalanche snow slide in Carpathian Mountains, western Ukraine
20:17, 19 January Orthodox Christians celebrate Baptism of Jesus
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:42, 24 March Ukrainian trooper dies in Donbas due to mishandling of ammunition
- SOCIETY 20:58, 24 March Remains of Soviet terror victims re-buried in Ivano-Frankivsk
- POLITICS 17:19, 24 March Russia tries bringing hybrid war epicentre to heart of Ukraine, - Poroshenko
- RUSSIA 15:06, 24 March Russia denies recruiting Savchenko
- SOCIETY 16:34, 24 March Civilian UAV conducts unauthorized flight over military unit in Kharkiv region