The court sentenced seven Ukrainian officials to two months in detention. Earlier, these public officers involved in construction of The Wall on Ukraine-Russia border faced charges with embezzlement of state funds.
Earlier this week, workers of Special Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office and National Anti-Corruption Bureau conducted searches in this case; the searches took place in three major cities across Ukraine.
The Wall is the project initiated by the Ukrainian government in 2014. It consists of numerous defensive constructions, surveillance systems and is designed to boost the defense on the state border with Russia in case of further Russian aggression.
- UKRAINE TOP 20:20, 19 October Bellingcat publishes new evidence on downed MH17 flight case
- UKRAINE TOP 10:01, 19 October Five people died, another six wounded in car accident in Kharkiv - details, video
- POLITICS 16:06, 19 October EU sanctions on Yanukovych family considered legal, - EU General Court
- POLITICS 16:58, 19 October Ukrainian military present Sauron, new drone detection and surveillance system
- UKRAINE TOP 14:22, 19 October Russian authorities suspect Gryb in preparation of terrorist attack in Sochi