Ukrainian film director Oleg Sentsov received the Magnitsky Human Rights prize. It is awarded for journalist investigations regarding human rights issues. The awards ceremony took place in London.
The former political prisoner accepted the award from Meghan McCain, the TV host and the daughter of the late U.S. Senator John McCain. The American official won the prize last year - posthumously.
The jury chose Sentsov as the winner in November 2018; however, he was in Russian prison at the time and could not be present at the awards ceremony.
13 November 2019, 21:27 IMF mission to start working in Ukraine on November 14
12 November 2019, 18:53 Kyiv hosts rallies against and in support of land sale market opening
8 November 2019, 17:50 US Department of State to dismiss office of US Special Representative in Ukraine, - media
6 November 2019, 18:47 Ukrainian parliament holds hearings about safety of journalist activity in Ukraine
5 November 2019, 19:31 Trump denies being familiar with Yovanovitch, ex-ambassador in Ukraine
4 November 2019, 19:14 Over 3.000 civilians die in Donbas since April 2014, - UN report
- UA & EU 23 September 2020, 08:04 No threat for EU-Ukraine visa-free regime, - Borrell
- UKRAINE TOP 22 September 2020, 18:22 Ukrainian to become the first female conductor of prestigious German opera festival
- SOCIETY 22 September 2020, 19:45 Tortures, inhuman treatment by law enforcers constantly observed in Ukraine, - UN
- UA & EU 22 September 2020, 19:06 Zelensky, Borrell discuss creation of negotiation platform for liberation of Crimea
- RUSSIA 22 September 2020, 21:56 CIA blames Putin for leading campaign for Biden's discreditation before elections in U.S.