Ukraine aims to put the NATO membership aspirations in its main law, the constitution. President Petro Poroshenko said this during his meeting with Jens Stoltenberg, the Secretary General of NATO, which took place on Thursday.
The NATO leader, in turn, urged Russia to stop supporting armed mercenaries in Donbas and withdraw its regular troops from these territories.
He also said the Alliance supports the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine. He judged the annexation of Crimea by Russia in 2014.
Stoltenberg also marked that the only way to settle the conflict in Donbas is to abide by Minsk agreements.
11 July 2018, 12:23 Ukraine's basketball player joins Los Angeles Lakers
9 July 2018, 17:08 See Breeze 2018 drills kick off in Black Sea, Southern Ukraine
6 July 2018, 16:47 Sentsov loses weight, looks older than before, - cousin
- UKRAINE TOP 21 September 2018, 14:14 Ukraine's Foreign Ministry sends note to Russia on non-extension of Friendship Treaty
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21 September 2018, 12:55 Third Prime Minister of Ukraine Vitaliy Masol dies
- FINANCE 21 September 2018, 12:01 SAP Head submits petition to lift immunity of people's deputy Mosiychuk
- UKRAINE TOP 21 September 2018, 11:21 Issuance of Hungarian passports in Zakarpattia challenge for national security - Ukraine's Foreign Minister
- SOCIETY 21 September 2018, 08:04 Mass poisoning after field irrigation in Ternopil region