The court sessions in the case of 24 Ukrainian sailors detained in the Kerch Strait is unlikely to start for another year. Lawyer Ilya Novikov said this on the air of Pryamyi TV channel. 'Most likely, we're talking half a year but that's not quite realistic. So it's quite important not to let the trial start', the lawyer said.
According to him, such 'courts' are staged and thus are of merely formal nature. On November 25, the coast guard ships of the Russian Navy attacked the ships of the Ukrainian Navy in the Kerch Strait. 24 Ukrainian sailors were captured in the attack, three of them sustained wounds. All the detainees were taken to remand centers in Moscow.
10 January 2019, 18:59 Ukrainian political prisoner Panov may be transported to Russia’s Omsk
10 January 2019, 18:56 Ukrainian detainee returns from Iran, exchanged for convicted Iranian spy
9 January 2019, 17:48 IMF demands Ukraine to raise gas prices in May 2019
9 January 2019, 17:43 All Ecumenical Patriarchate members sign Tomos for autocephaly of Ukraine
8 January 2019, 18:55 Power line, water filtration plant fixed after shelling in Donetsk region
4 January 2019, 18:00 French volunteers pass medical supplies for the Ukrainian Army
- UKRAINE TOP 26 March 2019, 11:41 Ukraine's National Guard lose 219 soldiers at war, - Internal Ministry
- UKRAINE CRISIS 26 March 2019, 09:44 Donbas war: Two Ukrainian soldiers injured
- UKRAINE TOP 26 March 2019, 08:06 Health condition of political prisoner Bekirov gets worse
- POLITICS 26 March 2019, 10:23 Hamas declares ceasefire with Israel
- UKRAINE TOP 25 March 2019, 13:52 Ukraine proposes Russia to exchange prisoners on March 30