Kyiv hosts the events timed to the 1030th anniversary of Christianization of Kyiv Rus'. The holy mass began in the small hours of Friday, with worshippers arriving in the Ukrainian capital from all over the country.
A number of holy relics reached Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra - the main shrine of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate), for the believers to worhsip. The local police report up to 100,000 people joining the events; the city centre is shut down, and road traffic is limited in that area - for public safety reasons.
The anniversary of Christianization of Kyiv Rus', observed annually in late July, has been considered one of the key events in the religious life in Ukraine.
25 July 2018, 18:17 Ukrainian movie makes it to finale of European Parliament's cinema award
25 July 2018, 18:13 66 inhabited localities in Ukraine cut off grid due to harsh weather
23 July 2018, 17:39 Ukrainian children choir winds Grand Prix at international contest in Florence
19 July 2018, 17:42 Female fighter of pro-Kremlin armed unit detained by Ukrainian military
19 July 2018, 17:31 More searches among Crimean Tatars
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21 September 2018, 12:55 Third Prime Minister of Ukraine Vitaliy Masol dies
- POLITICS 21 September 2018, 09:30 U.S. imposes sanctions against Russian entities, individuals related to defense industry
- FINANCE 21 September 2018, 12:01 SAP Head submits petition to lift immunity of people's deputy Mosiychuk
- UKRAINE TOP 21 September 2018, 11:21 Issuance of Hungarian passports in Zakarpattia challenge for national security - Ukraine's Foreign Minister
- SOCIETY 21 September 2018, 08:04 Mass poisoning after field irrigation in Ternopil region