A full ceasefire, control over the state border and the election in Donbas that must be held according to the Ukrainian law. These are the key positions of Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky who represents his country in the Normandy format meeting on December 9.
According to Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko, Zelensky also plans to reach the agreement on the release of Ukrainian prisoners held in Russian jails and in the occupied territories of Ukraine.
The summit of the Normandy Four leaders is scheduled for 5 p.m. Ukraine's President will have a bilateral conversation with Emmanuel Macron and then, also with Angela Merkel. The Russian side also confirmed that the meeting between Putin and Zelensky would take place, too.
4 December 2019, 18:47 Ukraine's Zelensky meets with Löfven, brings up topic of control over border with Russia
4 December 2019, 17:08 VIDEO DIGEST November 2019
3 December 2019, 19:51 NATO summit kicked off in London
2 December 2019, 19:00 State Bureau of Investigation of Ukraine may get authorized to look into Euromaidan cases
29 November 2019, 18:03 Neptune cruise missile successfully tested in Ukraine
28 November 2019, 17:57 OSCE officially confirms disengagement of troops in Zolote
- POLITICS 15 July 2020, 14:06 Ukraine to hold local elections on October 25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14 July 2020, 21:06 Law enforcers investigate murder of Ukraine's combat medic in Donbas
- POLITICS 14 July 2020, 18:57 People spend more than 24 hours near Novotroitske checkpoint
- SOCIETY 15 July 2020, 10:13 836 new cases of Covid-19 in Ukraine over 24 hours
- POLITICS 15 July 2020, 08:04 MH17 case: Netherlands provide extra update on lawsuit against Russia in ECHR