The law about Ukrainian as the only official language in Ukraine took effect on July 16. From now on, government officials of all levels MPs, judges, lawyers, teachers and medics are obliged to speak Ukrainian fluently.
Ukrainian is also the only official language to be used in secondary schools and universities. In kindergartens and primary schools, there will be groups for those using languages of national minorities.
So far, there will be no fines for breaking this law - at least for the next three years, because this norm is postponed for now. The Parliament passed the law in April.
17 July 2019, 15:38 47,000 police workers to guard polling stations on election day in Ukraine
15 July 2019, 18:59 Special bus to run between checkpoints in Stanytsia Luhanska
11 July 2019, 19:06 Dozens of Crimean Tatars detained after protest rally in Moscow
11 July 2019, 19:03 Ukrainian Parliament passes new Electoral Code
11 July 2019, 12:26 Russian occupants try to frame Ukrainian troops during attacks on Mariinka
10 July 2019, 19:15 No military parade on Ukraine’s Independence Day?
- UKRAINE TOP 18 October 2019, 16:33 Amnesty of Donbas militants is possible only after election of legitimate authorities in occupied territories
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18 October 2019, 14:43 Pro-Kremlin mercenaries violate ceasefire regime five times, - Defense Ministry
- POLITICS 18 October 2019, 15:10 European Council urges all states to cooperate in MH17 crash investigation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18 October 2019, 12:41 Disengagement to take place if ceasefire regime is observed, - Defense Minister
- FINANCE 18 October 2019, 14:06 Finance Minister reveals issues of Ukraine-IMF talks