The farewell ceremony for Myroslav Popovych, the Ukrainian philosopher and public figure took place in Kyiv on Tuesday.
The Ukrainian scientists, public figures, MPs, Volodymyr Groysman, the Prime Minister of Ukraine and Volodymyr Gorbulin, the Director of the National University of Strategic Researches came to pay tribute. Petro Poroshenko, the President of Ukraine visited the funeral, too.
'Today Ukraine buries its great son Myroslav Popovych. It is hard to exaggerate the influence of this person and things that he did for the revival of Ukraine, Ukrainian spirit and morality', the president said.
Myroslav Popovych, the Director of Philosophy Institute of Ukraine died at the age of 88.
18:25, 12 February Third anniversary of Minsk Agreement signature
18:18, 12 February Russian special service detained Ukrainian citizen in annexed Crimea
18:15, 12 February Fighting for the future: Druzhkivka activists keep on developing their city
18:15, 8 February OSCE observers spot military vehicles in militant-held area in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:42, 24 March Ukrainian trooper dies in Donbas due to mishandling of ammunition
- SOCIETY 20:58, 24 March Remains of Soviet terror victims re-buried in Ivano-Frankivsk
- POLITICS 17:19, 24 March Russia tries bringing hybrid war epicentre to heart of Ukraine, - Poroshenko
- RUSSIA 15:06, 24 March Russia denies recruiting Savchenko
- SOCIETY 16:34, 24 March Civilian UAV conducts unauthorized flight over military unit in Kharkiv region