Ukrainian scientists working at the Vernadsky research base in the Antarctic raised the Ukrainian flag, thus marking the Flag Day.
Currently, there are 12 Ukrainian experts working on the base. Ukraine began to explore the Antarctic back in 1996, when the British handed over to Ukraine their research base called ‘Faraday’.
Now, Ukrainian scientists also make walking tours for visitors. The only thing they complain about is that the news reaches the Antarctic too slow.
19:03, 23 August Ukrainian Army to be modernized, - Poroshenko
18:57, 23 August Ukraine celebrates Flag Day
18:27, 22 August Exhibition of Ukraine's modern military vehicles
16:15, 21 August Kyiv tank factory presents T-72 A, the modernized main battle tank
16:00, 21 August Volker, Surkov meet in Minsk
16:15, 18 August Hail stones hit Lviv, Western Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 11:28, 21 October Police detains man going to protest near Ukrainian Parliament with rifle, telescopic sight
- UKRAINE TOP 09:54, 21 October Switzerland sends $150.000 worth of humanitarian aid to Donbas
- POLITICS 09:06, 21 October NATO not ready to confront hypothetical attack by Russia, - Der Spiegel
- UKRAINE TOP 22:58, 20 October HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: OCT. 16 – OCT. 20
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:20, 21 October 120-mm mines hit Ukrainian Army in Donbas