Ukrainian reporter Roman Sushchenko has been illegally held in Russian custody for 950 days in a row. The Ukrainian delegation in the UN reported that via social networks. The struggle over his release carries on, the diplomats said.
Sushchenko, the Ukrainian reporter was detained in Moscow in September 2016, as he came there with a private visit. Russian prosecutors charged him with espionage and sentenced him to 12 years at a high-security penal colony.
The inmate denies his guilt. The Ukrainian side demands to release Sushchenko, considering him a political prisoner.
8 May 2019, 16:46 May 8: World marks day of memory and reconciliation in WWII
7 May 2019, 16:43 Sheremetyevo crash: Ukrainian at hospital in grave condition
3 May 2019, 18:09 Zelensky’s inauguration to take place at latest June 2
2 May 2019, 18:53 Fifth anniversary of Kulykove field tragedy in Odesa
- UKRAINE TOP 26 June 2019, 20:10 Ukrainian delegation leaves PACE session as Russia restored in rights
- UKRAINE TOP 26 June 2019, 23:05 Russia offers Ukraine to guarantee in writing its participation in prosecution of sailors
- POLITICS 26 June 2019, 21:59 Denisova asks Russian ombudsman to promote provision of medical aid to political prisoner Panov
- UKRAINE TOP 26 June 2019, 19:42 PACE confirms authorities of Russian delegation in full
- SOCIETY 26 June 2019, 22:41 Large-scale fire occurs in Kyiv at storages of thrift store