A three-weeks-long quarantine is introduced in Ukraine. The restrictions are nationwide and concern education establishments, kindergartens, schools and universities. Mass events, such as cinema and theater performances are suspended as well. The Cabinet made the respective decision on Wednesday. It will take effect the following day, on March 12.
The government also ruled that sport events may be held but there will be no visitors. Healthcare Ministry and the State Border Guard agreed to reduce the number of entry-exit checkpoints on the border; it will be four times less than the normal one.
10 March 2020, 20:03 Covid-19 in Europe: Air companies cancel flights
4 March 2020, 18:44 Boosted security measures in Chernivtsi
4 March 2020, 18:40 Ukraine's parliament considers prime minister’s resignation letter
3 March 2020, 15:30 Coronavirus reaches Ukraine
2 March 2020, 14:39 VIDEO DIGEST February 2020 in Ukraine
28 February 2020, 19:13 Ukrainian recovers from Chinese coronavirus
- UKRAINE TOP 27 October 2021, 14:30 Train cars derail in Zhytomyr region, trains delayed
- SOCIETY 27 October 2021, 12:58 WADA blames Ukraine's anti-doping centre for breaching order of testing, investigation
- POLITICS 27 October 2021, 12:50 Europol detains 150 suspected in darknet crimes all over the world
- UKRAINE CRISIS 27 October 2021, 08:04 Ukraine's military deploys Bayraktar strike drone in Donbas for first time
- SOCIETY 27 October 2021, 17:41 Ukraine's ombudswoman hopes Georgian authorities allow Ukrainian doctor to meet with Saakashvili