On Friday, September 1, the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement entered into full force and effect, as foreseen by the respective statement earlier released by the EU.
The document comprises of two parts; the economic part foresees implementation of the free trade area, which already works since January 2017.
The political section focuses on making external and security policies of the EU and Ukraine closer
On September 1, the political part of the agreement finally took effect. Now, both sides will be working on lowering custom duties and approving the necessary bills.
17:22, 1 September Ukraine's Muslims celebrate Eid Al-Adha, largest Muslim holiday
17:14, 1 September EU-Ukraine association agreement comes into full force
13:13, 1 September VIDEO DIGEST August 2017
16:49, 31 August Poroshenko signs decree on boosting cyber security in Ukraine
17:07, 30 August Son of Ukrainian officer disappears in Belarus, searches underway
- UKRAINE TOP 11:28, 21 October Police detains man going to protest near Ukrainian Parliament with rifle, telescopic sight
- UKRAINE TOP 09:54, 21 October Switzerland sends $150.000 worth of humanitarian aid to Donbas
- POLITICS 09:06, 21 October NATO not ready to confront hypothetical attack by Russia, - Der Spiegel
- UKRAINE TOP 22:58, 20 October HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: OCT. 16 – OCT. 20
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:20, 21 October 120-mm mines hit Ukrainian Army in Donbas