Ukraine marks the fifth anniversary of the final day of the battle for Donetsk airport. Families of the deceased Ukrainian warriors gathered near the Defense Ministry on January 20; they brought photos of the perished fighters. President Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine's military command and cadets of military academies were present, too.
One of the bloodiest fights in the history of Donbas conflict lasted for 242 consecutive days. Stunned and discouraged by the fortitude of Ukrainian defenders, pro-Russian mercenaries called them "the cyborgs". The custom to pay tribute to the fallen defenders of Donetsk airport is observed since 2016 - on this very day. Mourning bells and volleys may be heard in Ukraine on this occasion.
20 January 2020, 17:28 Iran’s official comes to Ukraine with official apologies for downing civilian flight PS752
17 January 2020, 18:35 Ukraine’s premier Honcharuk files resignation letter after wiretapping scandal
15 January 2020, 15:52 Man detained after filming downing of Ukrainian aircraft in Iran
14 January 2020, 18:14 Arrests in Iran due to downing of Ukrainian civilian aircraft
13 January 2020, 16:13 Suspect in murder of volunteer Amina Okuyeva detained, - Ukraine's Interior Ministry
10 January 2020, 19:05 Ukraine demands that Iran left international experts investigate PS752 crash
- POLITICS 15 July 2020, 14:06 Ukraine to hold local elections on October 25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14 July 2020, 21:06 Law enforcers investigate murder of Ukraine's combat medic in Donbas
- POLITICS 14 July 2020, 18:57 People spend more than 24 hours near Novotroitske checkpoint
- SOCIETY 15 July 2020, 10:13 836 new cases of Covid-19 in Ukraine over 24 hours
- POLITICS 15 July 2020, 08:04 MH17 case: Netherlands provide extra update on lawsuit against Russia in ECHR