It's official. Volodymyr Zelensky assumes the office and becomes the sixth president of Ukraine. The solemn ceremony of inauguration took place in Kyiv on Monday, May 20. The new head of the state greeted the audience that welcomed him at Mariinsky Park in the downtown Kyiv. Zelensky passed the improvised corridor in the park, shaking hands and making selfies with his supporters.
The head of the state made the oath the traditional way, with his right hand on Peresopnytsia Gospels and the Constitution of Ukraine. In his bold speech, the new leader announced he would dismiss the Ukrainian Parliament. He also urged the Ukrainian Government to resign if they could not act effectively anymore.
17 May 2019, 16:57 No more parliamentary coalition in Ukraine
16 May 2019, 18:13 Ukraine’s rock musician Vakarchuk presents his political forces
16 May 2019, 18:10 Inauguration of Ukrainian president to take place May 20
15 May 2019, 18:56 Ukraine, U.S. discuss possible increase of American military aid for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 26 June 2019, 20:10 Ukrainian delegation leaves PACE session as Russia restored in rights
- UKRAINE TOP 26 June 2019, 23:05 Russia offers Ukraine to guarantee in writing its participation in prosecution of sailors
- POLITICS 26 June 2019, 21:59 Denisova asks Russian ombudsman to promote provision of medical aid to political prisoner Panov
- UKRAINE TOP 26 June 2019, 19:42 PACE confirms authorities of Russian delegation in full
- SOCIETY 26 June 2019, 22:41 Large-scale fire occurs in Kyiv at storages of thrift store