Russian troops involved in West 2017 military drills will leave Belarus by October, as the maneuvers should be over by September 20.
In the meantime, Ukraine hosts international exercise Rapid Trident. 2,500 servicemen from the U.S. and Ukraine are participating.
Besides, Sweden also conducts its own large-scale military exercise; 20,000 NATO servicemen and civilians play the scenario of an attack on Gotland Island, practicing ground, anti-aircraft and naval defense.
Sweden, the non-aligned state, voices out concerns that Russia could attack from the mainland.
17:06, 14 September West-2017 military drills kicked off n Russia, Belarus
10:47, 13 September U.S., Russia boost efforts to normalize diplomatic relations
10:40, 13 September Kremlim offers to place UN peacekeepers in Donbas for six months
17:49, 12 September Ex-Georgian leader admits he violated border crossing procedure in Ukraine
17:31, 12 September Leader of Crimean Tatars sentensed to eight years in high-security prison
21:46, 11 September Ex-Georgian president Saakashvili breaks law while crossing Ukrainian border
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:45, 23 October Donbas: 12 attacks on Ukrainian positions
- POLITICS 08:02, 23 October Most UN member countries support bringing peacekeepers to Donbas, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS 15:26, 22 October New clashes near Verkhovna Rada: Security forces blocked car of protesters
- POLITICS 21:02, 22 October Policeman injured in skirmishes near Verkhovna Rada
- SOCIETY 18:36, 22 October Poroshenko awarded 31 servicemen in Avdiivka