No clear electoral program, and still powerful support of voters, - this is the result of Volodymyr Zelensky's first 100 days in power. The president was elected after two rounds-long election in May 2019.
Immediately after taking office, he announced that the Parliament would be dissolved, which meant snap parliamentary elections. His political force, Servant of the People won these elections, getting the single-party majority in the Parliament.
Zelensky visited the Ukrainian military positions in Donbas several times; when the government troops sustained heavy casualties in combat zone, he called his Russian counterpart Putin but failed to solve anything. Zelensky also visited France, Germany and Brussels, reassuring that his country would keep up with the current course towards the EU and NATO membership.
However, he also offers a nationwide referendum to settle this issue. This requires an amendment to the Constitution of Ukraine. Zelensky also promises to lift the immunity off the judges, lawmakers and himself. According to the sixth president of Ukraine, the country's econony will grow soon after the new Parliament and the government start working.
23 August 2019, 18:23 Flag Day in Ukraine; President Zelensky honors army units
22 August 2019, 18:53 Area around bridge in Stanytsia Luhanska cleared of explosives
20 August 2019, 19:17 Ukrainian peacekeepers hold nighttime drills in Democratic Republic of Congo
20 August 2019, 19:14 1986 Chornobyl disaster: first classified U.S. intelligence report released
16 August 2019, 20:09 Ukrainian tank crews held combat drills in Donbas
14 August 2019, 22:53 Bezsmertny will not represent Ukraine in Minsk Talks group anymore
- UKRAINE TOP 18 October 2019, 16:33 Amnesty of Donbas militants is possible only after election of legitimate authorities in occupied territories
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18 October 2019, 14:43 Pro-Kremlin mercenaries violate ceasefire regime five times, - Defense Ministry
- POLITICS 18 October 2019, 15:10 European Council urges all states to cooperate in MH17 crash investigation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18 October 2019, 12:41 Disengagement to take place if ceasefire regime is observed, - Defense Minister
- FINANCE 18 October 2019, 14:06 Finance Minister reveals issues of Ukraine-IMF talks