Ukraine-made film The Myth, dedicated to the famous opera singer Vasyl Slipak won in the documentaries category at Figueira Film Art festival; the event took place in Figueira, Portugal from August 27 till September 2. UNIAN news agency reported that on Monday morning.
Myth is the story of life and death of the Ukrainian soloist who worked at Paris National Opera. He was the active participant in the 2004 Orange Revolution; during the 2013-2014 revolution of Dignity, he led the voluinteer movement in France, which supported the activists in Ukraine. In 2015, he joined the Ukrainian military in Donbas as a volunteer. In June 2016, he was shot dead by the sniper.
The Myth is the last film made by Ukrainian filmmaker Leonid Kanter. In June, he committed suicide. The film was released in Ukraine in early February.
3 September 2018, 19:09 Rapid Trident 2018 exercises kick off in Ukraine
31 August 2018, 17:53 Russian bombers fly over recreation area in occupied Crimea
31 August 2018, 17:51 Russia admits halts of vessels coming to Ukrainian seaports
31 August 2018, 14:14 VIDEO DIGEST August 2018
29 August 2018, 17:19 Anniversary of the battle of Ilovaisk: Ukraine commemorates the fallen warriors
28 August 2018, 18:56 Ukraine to sue Russia for offensive actions in Sea of Azov
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21 September 2018, 12:55 Third Prime Minister of Ukraine Vitaliy Masol dies
- POLITICS 21 September 2018, 09:30 U.S. imposes sanctions against Russian entities, individuals related to defense industry
- FINANCE 21 September 2018, 12:01 SAP Head submits petition to lift immunity of people's deputy Mosiychuk
- UKRAINE TOP 21 September 2018, 11:21 Issuance of Hungarian passports in Zakarpattia challenge for national security - Ukraine's Foreign Minister
- SOCIETY 21 September 2018, 08:04 Mass poisoning after field irrigation in Ternopil region