The PACE approved the resolution on the situation in the Sea of Azov, taking into account the amendments offered by the Ukrainian delegation. 103 MPs supported the document, three voted against it.
The bill contains references to the Geneva convention, which insists on due treatment of prisoners during the war. The Ukrainian sailors detained by Russia are now officially considered prisoners of war.
The document also urges Russia to release the detained Ukrainian sailors and live up to the legal norms of the free maritime navigation. Besides, the resolution condemns Russia's use of weapons in the attack on Ukrainian sailors.
24 January 2019, 19:36 Yanukovych state treason case: verdict being announced
23 January 2019, 21:45 Ukraine on brink of measles epidemic
23 January 2019, 21:44 Ukrainian court to pronounce verdict in Yanukovych’s state treason case
22 January 2019, 19:42 13,000 people deceased in Donbas since armed conflict began in 2014, - UN
22 January 2019, 19:41 Ukraine celebrates Day of National Unity
22 January 2019, 00:00 Ukraine-Russia-EU talks underway in Brussels
- POLITICS 20 February 2019, 13:48 More and more Israeli citizens banned from entering Ukraine, - State Border Guard spokesman
- UKRAINE TOP 20 February 2019, 10:13 Five years later: Ukraine remembers Heavenly Hundred
- UKRAINE TOP 20 February 2019, 08:04 Three wounded Ukrainian sailors to be sent for examination in hospital, - ombudswoman
- UKRAINE TOP 20 February 2019, 11:52 Poroshenko offers Parliament to admit foreign military to take part in multinational drills
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20 February 2019, 08:47 Donbas: 16 attacks on Ukrainian positions, three servicemen wounded