The new law on education entered into force in Ukraine. In particular, it implements 12-years-long school program and allows teaching languages of national minorities only in specially created classes in Ukrainian schools.
This particular decision evoked outrage in Moldova, Romania, Russia and Hungary. Budapest even threatens to slow down the process of Ukraine’s integration with the EU.
Ukraine’s education minister Liliya Hrynevych now meets with delegations from these countries, explaining that the new law does not harm the rights of national minorities in this country.
23:52, 28 September Defence team appeals against verdict in case of Crimea Tatar official Umerov
18:21, 27 September Large-scale fire occurred in Kalynivka village, central Ukraine
18:20, 26 September Militants shell residential areas of Mariinka, Donbas
18:10, 26 September Ukraine gains gold, silver in Invictus Games in Toronto
17:17, 20 September Unrest in Odesa: 36 law enforcement officers wounded
17:11, 20 September Russia: UN peacekeepers should only guard OSCE observers in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:45, 23 October Donbas: 12 attacks on Ukrainian positions
- POLITICS 08:02, 23 October Most UN member countries support bringing peacekeepers to Donbas, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS 15:26, 22 October New clashes near Verkhovna Rada: Security forces blocked car of protesters
- POLITICS 21:02, 22 October Policeman injured in skirmishes near Verkhovna Rada
- SOCIETY 18:36, 22 October Poroshenko awarded 31 servicemen in Avdiivka