A two-story building reequipped as a retirement home was caught on fire in Kharkiv. 15 people died and nine were rescued.
Department of Social Protection of the Population of Kharkiv Regional State Administration of Kharkiv Region said that there were no registered institutions for the elderly at the address where the fire broke out.
The President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky instructed the Cabinet of Ministers to urgently create a commission to find out the causes of the fire in a nursing home. At the same time, the Prosecutor General's Office reported preliminarily that the fire in the nursing home occurred due to careless handling of electric heaters.
Sign up to our channel: https://go.112.ua/YLzep
20 January 2021, 13:54 Preparing for Biden's inauguration: The White House moves Trump out
20 January 2021, 13:29 Court passes judgment to participants of clashes in Novi Sanzhary
14 January 2021, 17:52 Kharkiv townspeople went out for a snowball fight in the park
13 January 2021, 13:28 Plane crash in Indonesia: Divers found body parts and wreckage in the sea
12 January 2021, 17:38 U.S. imposes sanctions on seven Ukrainians accused of interference in 2020 presidential vote
- POLITICS 16 May 2021, 20:36 UN Security Council holds meeting on Israel-Palestine conflict
- POLITICS 16 May 2021, 21:22 "Threat has not passed": Foreign Minister said Russia did not withdraw troops from Ukrainian border
- POLITICS 16 May 2021, 22:09 Pope Francis reacts to escalation of conflict between Israel and Palestine
- POLITICS 16 May 2021, 18:12 Gas stations suspend sale of premium fuel due to state regulation of prices
- UKRAINE TOP 16 May 2021, 13:28 Zelensky honors memory of victims of political repression