Russia returns three ships of the Ukrainian Navy that it had captured in November 2018. Actually, it's been exactly one year since the FSB Border Guard detained the vessels and their crews in the Kerch Strait near the occupied Crimea. Russian Foreign Ministry reported that on November 18.
The ships are to be tugged to the Ukrainian coastline over the next few days. The passage took place in the neutral waters.
As is known, Russia captured two artillery boats and a tug boat in the Kerch Strait in November 2018. Three Ukrainian sailors were wounded, as the Russian fighters opened fire on the Ukrainian ships. The Russian side claimed that the Ukrainian vessels illegally entered Russian domestic waters. All 24 crew members safely returned to Ukraine in September 2019.
15 November 2019, 20:28 New details in MH17 investigation: Russia’s high-rank officials involved
15 November 2019, 20:18 Ukraine’s Oleg Sentsov gets Magnitsky Human Rights award
13 November 2019, 21:27 IMF mission to start working in Ukraine on November 14
12 November 2019, 18:53 Kyiv hosts rallies against and in support of land sale market opening
8 November 2019, 17:50 US Department of State to dismiss office of US Special Representative in Ukraine, - media
6 November 2019, 18:47 Ukrainian parliament holds hearings about safety of journalist activity in Ukraine
- SOCIETY 12 December 2019, 09:56 Two more bodies found under rubble of Odesa College
- POLITICS 12 December 2019, 08:05 GUAM Summit to take place in Kyiv on December 12
- SPORT 12 December 2019, 10:34 Dynamo Kyiv to face Lugano FC in Europa League match
- SOCIETY 12 December 2019, 08:41 European politicians condemn opening of case against Poroshenko
- SOCIETY 12 December 2019, 09:18 Number of patients with ARVI increased by more than 20 thousand people