High-ranked officials of Ukrainian defense ministry are accused of embezzling the authority’s property. According to the National anti-corruption bureau, four men, one of them deputy defense minister, are now suspects in the case.
The investigation found out that they spent about 5.7 million U.S. dollars when buying fuel for the army. The suspects are Deputy Defense Minister Ihor Pavlovsky, Senior Inspector at the Department of State Procurement Audit Volodymyr Hulevych and other responsible officials who performed procedures of state procurement in the Armed Forces.
Two of the four detainees may face from 8 to 12 years in prison.
17:08, 11 October Russian police conduct more searches of dwellings of Crimean Tatars
16:58, 11 October Moscow continues to ignore commitments within Minsk deal, - Poroshenko
18:07, 9 October Stockholm arbitrary court looks into Naftogaz-Gazprom gas dispute
17:55, 9 October PACE to consider Ukraine’s controversial Law on Education
17:04, 6 October Another day at Ukrainian Parliament: smoke pellet in session hall
- POLITICS 22:14, 23 October Ukraine in UN: peacekeepers to help achieve comprehensive settlement of conflict
- UKRAINE TOP 20:29, 23 October Ukraine’s industrial production in September decreased by 0.3% compared to last year
- UKRAINE TOP 19:03, 23 October Education minister explains to Austria Ukrainian attitude to education law
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01, 23 October 15 Russian soldiers detained in Donbas since conflict started
- UKRAINE TOP 18:14, 23 October U.S. Embassy in Kyiv hails Ukraine’s healthcare reform