August 23, Ukraine celebrated the Flag Day. On this occasion, President Volodymyr Zelensky gathered combat veterans of Ukrainian army units. The solemn ceremony took place in Kyiv.
The leader of the state rewarded servicemen with military decorations and granted honorary names to certain units. The 92nd Armored Mechanized Brigade that fought Russian mercenaries in battles of Ilovaisk and Debaltseve is now named after Ivan Sirko, the Cossack warlord. The 456th Transport Aviation Brigade of Ukraine's Air Force is now named after Dmytro Maiboroda.
The renowned officer and the Hero of Ukraine, Maiboroda deceased during the attack of Russian occupants in Donbas in 2014, saving his crew. The foresaid ceremony was followed by a symbolic march and a brief performance from the military.
22 August 2019, 18:53 Area around bridge in Stanytsia Luhanska cleared of explosives
20 August 2019, 19:17 Ukrainian peacekeepers hold nighttime drills in Democratic Republic of Congo
20 August 2019, 19:14 1986 Chornobyl disaster: first classified U.S. intelligence report released
16 August 2019, 20:09 Ukrainian tank crews held combat drills in Donbas
14 August 2019, 22:53 Bezsmertny will not represent Ukraine in Minsk Talks group anymore
13 August 2019, 19:11 Stanytsia Luhanska checkpoint to work on shortened schedule due to safety measures
- SOCIETY 8 August 2020, 10:32 1489 new cases of coronavirus infection were recorded per day
- POLITICS 8 August 2020, 17:09 Russia, China and Iran to interfere in upcoming US presidential elections - US counterintelligence
- POLITICS 8 August 2020, 13:13 Zelensky instructs Cabinet of Ministers to mobilize to prevent second wave of Covid-19
- UKRAINE CRISIS 8 August 2020, 17:56 There are four options for complete truce in Donbas, - Kravchuk
- POLITICS 8 August 2020, 15:35 European Union doesn't allow Ukrainians to enter its territory due to coronavirus