Four Ukrainian citizens sustained relatively light injuries in the accident that occurred in Rome. A group of football fans that entered the underground station jumped on the escalator, eventually breaking it and causing dozens of people to suffer traumas.
The accident took place on Tuesday night, as the football supporters headed to the UEFA Champions League game where Roma hosted CSKA Moscow. The home team won 3-0.
According to Vasyl Kyrylych, the Head of Department of Consular Support of Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry, the injured citizens already left the hospital and returned to Ukraine safely. The other fans that suffered in the accident appeared to be Russians.
23 October 2018, 18:57 First victories of Ukraine’s athletes at Invictus Games
22 October 2018, 19:03 Ukrainian team given heroes’ welcome after Summer Youth Olympics
22 October 2018, 19:01 Russian spy detained in Kyiv
19 October 2018, 20:43 Nord Stream II weakens Europe, EU needs diversification of energy carriers, - U.S.
19 October 2018, 20:36 Kerch massacre: farewell ceremony for 21 victims took place in occupied Crimea
18 October 2018, 21:34 U.S. pilot killed in Ukraine's SU-27 jet crash served with Air National Guard in California
- POLITICS 20 February 2019, 13:48 More and more Israeli citizens banned from entering Ukraine, - State Border Guard spokesman
- UKRAINE TOP 20 February 2019, 10:13 Five years later: Ukraine remembers Heavenly Hundred
- UKRAINE TOP 20 February 2019, 08:04 Three wounded Ukrainian sailors to be sent for examination in hospital, - ombudswoman
- UKRAINE TOP 20 February 2019, 11:52 Poroshenko offers Parliament to admit foreign military to take part in multinational drills
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20 February 2019, 08:47 Donbas: 16 attacks on Ukrainian positions, three servicemen wounded