35 Ukrainians returned home due to the prisoner swap with Russia. Some of them were illegally detained in Russia for years. The plain with former prisoners landed in Boryspil International Airport in Kyiv on September 7. Released Ukrainians were taken to the military hospital.
Eight of them are staying in Feofaniya Clinical Hospital. According to chief doctor of the hospital Ihor Semeniv, they were all examined, diagnosed and are in satisfactory state. Oleg Sentsov refused from hospitalization but will stay in touch with the doctors. Roman Sushchenko chose ambulant examination. Stanislav Klykh needs special care, as according to the law enforcers, he has psychological problems after tortures in Russian prison. Klykh and 24 Ukrainian sailors are staying in the military hospital.
It was also reported that Oleg Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko were provided with temporary accommodation. They could later receive permanent housing, as they cannot return to the occupied Crimea.
4 September 2019, 20:13 Svitolina to face Serena Williams in US Open semifinals
4 September 2019, 20:11 Ukraine’s Parliament Speaker signs law on lifting parliamentary immunity
3 September 2019, 19:09 Ukraine not to accept inadequate compromise to end conflict in Donbas
2 September 2019, 18:55 Donbas: Russian occupants ignore agreement on dismantling fortifications
2 September 2019, 12:18 VIDEO DIGEST August 2019
30 August 2019, 17:41 Newly elected Ukrainian Parliament starts working: new government approved
- UA & EU 23 September 2020, 08:04 No threat for EU-Ukraine visa-free regime, - Borrell
- UKRAINE TOP 22 September 2020, 18:22 Ukrainian to become the first female conductor of prestigious German opera festival
- SOCIETY 22 September 2020, 19:45 Tortures, inhuman treatment by law enforcers constantly observed in Ukraine, - UN
- UA & EU 22 September 2020, 19:06 Zelensky, Borrell discuss creation of negotiation platform for liberation of Crimea
- RUSSIA 22 September 2020, 21:56 CIA blames Putin for leading campaign for Biden's discreditation before elections in U.S.