German police switched to enhanced security mode before the G20 summit in Hamburg.
There are more patrol police units at border checkpoints performing considerably tougher checks of cargo crossing the border.
The police press service added that security measures were also boosted due to the terrorist acts committed over the last two years. The G20 Summit is slated for July 7 and 8.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:21, 22 October One soldier wounded in Donbas over 24 hours
- POLITICS 09:08, 22 October Leader of Czech election to not create coalition with pro-Russian parties
- POLITICS 18:28, 21 October Kurt Volker intends to visit Ukraine on October 27, - media
- SOCIETY 21:01, 21 October OUN battalion commander Kohanivsky detained for shooting
- RUSSIA 20:08, 21 October Ukraine in UN urged the Russian Federation to release Sushchenko