U.S. Senate approved the allocation of a half a billion dollars on military aid to Ukraine. This was provided for in U.S. defense budget for 2018. Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko announced this on Facebook.
The document allows using these funds to give defensive lethal weapon to Ukraine. It also provides for financing rehabilitation of Ukrainian servicemen in American medical institutions and strengthening air and naval forces of Ukraine.
However, the decision remains at the discretion of executive branch - the presidential administration. Poroshenko commented on weapons allocation in his speech at U.S. military base in West Point, New York.
16:42, 19 September Canada, UK to jointly train Ukrainian soldiers
15:30, 18 September Poroshenko to propose Donbas peacekeepers initiative at UN General Assembly
14:56, 18 September Ukraine, U.S. block Russian resolution on UN peacekeepers in Donbas
16:33, 15 September Airforce drills in Northwestern Ukraine
16:21, 15 September Donbas suffers from humanitarian disaster, - Poroshenko
- UA & EU 19:55, 17 January EU has to increase its resilience to Russian propaganda, - MEPs
- POLITICS 15:38, 17 January Ukrainian army prepares to put U.S. Javelins into service, - General Staff
- UA & EU 13:36, 17 January Ukraine did not violate terms of visa-free regime, - European Parliament
- UKRAINE TOP 15:21, 17 January One more person died due to measles in Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 14:37, 17 January Naftogaz to purchase attractively priced Russian gas in 2018