German police switched to enhanced security mode before the G20 summit in Hamburg.
There are more patrol police units at border checkpoints performing considerably tougher checks of cargo crossing the border.
The police press service added that security measures were also boosted due to the terrorist acts committed over the last two years. The G20 Summit is slated for July 7 and 8.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:45, 23 October Donbas: 12 attacks on Ukrainian positions
- POLITICS 08:02, 23 October Most UN member countries support bringing peacekeepers to Donbas, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS 15:26, 22 October New clashes near Verkhovna Rada: Security forces blocked car of protesters
- POLITICS 21:02, 22 October Policeman injured in skirmishes near Verkhovna Rada
- SOCIETY 18:36, 22 October Poroshenko awarded 31 servicemen in Avdiivka