Ukrainian reporter Roman Sushchenko will file a lawsuit against Russia in the ECHR. The man said so during his meeting with students in Kyiv.
Suschehnko spent three years as a political prisoner in Russia, where the FSB detained him in September 2016. He was accused of espionage. In September 2019, he was released within the Ukraine-Russia campaign of exchange of prisoners.
Sushchenko and his lawyers intend to develop a diplomatic mechanism to prevent new detentions of people who later become political prisoners in Russia.
16 October 2019, 19:02 Donbas Conflict takes toll: Two Ukrainian fighters decease over 24 hours
16 October 2019, 18:59 Ukraine’s delegation comes to Washington to negotiate with IMF
10 October 2019, 18:59 Zelensky gathers press marathon for reporters at food court in Kyiv
9 October 2019, 19:41 Veteran and volunteers vs police: Clashes near Zolote
4 October 2019, 20:00 Russia supports exchange of prisoners with Ukraine in ‘all for all’ format
4 October 2019, 19:56 Ukrainian parliament approves new composition of Central Election Committee
- UKRAINE TOP 18 October 2019, 16:33 Amnesty of Donbas militants is possible only after election of legitimate authorities in occupied territories
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18 October 2019, 14:43 Pro-Kremlin mercenaries violate ceasefire regime five times, - Defense Ministry
- POLITICS 18 October 2019, 15:10 European Council urges all states to cooperate in MH17 crash investigation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18 October 2019, 12:41 Disengagement to take place if ceasefire regime is observed, - Defense Minister
- FINANCE 18 October 2019, 14:06 Finance Minister reveals issues of Ukraine-IMF talks