Lefortovo court in Moscow ruled to prolong the detention term for the captured Ukrainian sailors until July 2019. This is the outcome of the court hearing that took place on Wednesday. By the time the hearing was over, the court extended the detention period for all 24 Ukrainian servicemen.
In November 2018, the coast guard ships of the Russian Navy attacked three Ukrainians ships, which have been carrying out a scheduled transition from Odesa port to Mariupol port in the Sea of Azov. Ukrainian ships were rejected passage via the Kerch Strait; the Russian coast guards opened aimed fire on them.
Three Ukrainian sailors were wounded in the attack. All 24 were captured and taken to Russia; later, the injured servicemen underwent surgeries.
17 April 2019, 19:01 Crimean Tatar activist detained on checkpoint in occupied Crimea
15 April 2019, 18:53 Five years since beginning of conflict in eastern Ukraine
15 April 2019, 18:51 Presidential election in Ukraine: Zelensky avoids debates with Poroshenko
12 April 2019, 20:30 Lomachenko to stand against Corolla, defending his WBO, WBA champion titles
12 April 2019, 20:27 156,000 voters changed voting places before second round of presidential elections
11 April 2019, 20:21 TV, radio signals of Ukrainian broadcasting restored in Luhansk region
- RUSSIA 18 April 2019, 13:13 Russia bans export of petroleum, petroleum products to Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 18 April 2019, 12:51 Ukraine had chances to defend Crimea in 2014, - Armed Forces General Staff Chief
- UKRAINE TOP 18 April 2019, 11:01 Zelensky wants to legalize medical marijuana, prostitution
- UKRAINE TOP 18 April 2019, 08:59 Debates at Olimpiyskiy: NTU Chairman tells about organization
- UKRAINE TOP 18 April 2019, 12:24 Russia’s FSB, GRU should be recognized as terrorist organizations, - official