Rallies against the Unified Orthodox Church could take place in Ukraine these days. Thanks to the efforts of the SBU, the State Security Service, these attempts were prevented. Viktor Kononenko, the deputy head of the authority said that on Thursday.
According to him, the organizer of these rallies is the former member of hired pro-Russian thugs who attacked the Euromaidan activists in Kyiv in the late 2013-early 2014. He is now fleeing from justice in Moscow.
The investigation four our that the local coordinators are some of the priests of Kyiv Pechersk Lavra, the main shrine of the Kyiv Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate.
13 December 2018, 19:36 NATO to boost security level in Azov Sea, - Poroshenko
12 December 2018, 20:34 U.S. Congress House of Representatives passes three Ukraine-related resolutions
12 December 2018, 20:32 Sentsov’s sister gets Sakharov Prize for him
10 December 2018, 19:12 EU imposes sanctions against people involved in organisation of ‘elections’ in Donbas
10 December 2018, 18:41 Sentsov to be transferred from hospital back to prison cell
7 December 2018, 17:55 Germany offers to extend OSCE SMM mandate to Azov Sea waters
- UKRAINE TOP 16 December 2018, 20:42 Martial law will not be extended unless large-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine begins, - Poroshenko
- SPORT 16 December 2018, 15:56 Ukrainian swimmer Mykhailo Romanchuk wins gold at World Championships in China
- UKRAINE TOP 16 December 2018, 16:43 Ukrainian border guard missing on border with Moldova found dead
- UKRAINE TOP 16 December 2018, 19:56 President instructs to check all civil servants for presence of relatives with Russian citizenship
- UKRAINE TOP 16 December 2018, 18:19 Tomos about autocephalous Ukrainian Orthodox Church to be solemnly presented on Christmas Eve