The investigation team found new details in the case of the MH17 tragedy. The Joint Investigation Group released an audio file, which reveals the intercepted conversation among Russian mercenaries.
It took place several weeks before the downing of the passenger aircraft over Donetsk region in July 2014. The plane was shot down by a Russian anti-aircraft missile; the explosion killed all 298 people aboard.
In the conversation, the unknown mercenaries discuss the issues of subordination of armed gangs in the occupied Donbas. They mention some people from Moscow who should have come and replaced the local mercenaries as commanders and coordinators. The interlocutors also mention the names of Russian General Andrei Serdyukov, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and Vladislav Surkov, the personal assistant of Russian president Vladimir Putin.
The investigation assumes these top-rank officials have influenced the armed gangs. They could also be behind the action that led to the use of Buk, the SAM system, which the armed bandits used to hit the aircraft.
15 November 2019, 20:18 Ukraine’s Oleg Sentsov gets Magnitsky Human Rights award
13 November 2019, 21:27 IMF mission to start working in Ukraine on November 14
12 November 2019, 18:53 Kyiv hosts rallies against and in support of land sale market opening
8 November 2019, 17:50 US Department of State to dismiss office of US Special Representative in Ukraine, - media
6 November 2019, 18:47 Ukrainian parliament holds hearings about safety of journalist activity in Ukraine
5 November 2019, 19:31 Trump denies being familiar with Yovanovitch, ex-ambassador in Ukraine
- POLITICS 17 November 2019, 18:32 Ships captured during Kerch crisis to be transferred to Ukraine on November 18, - media
- POLITICS 17 November 2019, 17:01 Putin’s assistant has not confirmed date of Normandy Four meeting
- SOCIETY 17 November 2019, 20:37 900 000 labor migrants from Ukraine work in Poland
- FINANCE 17 November 2019, 20:00 Ukrainian farmers to receive 116 million USD support from the state
- SOCIETY 17 November 2019, 17:46 MH17 case: Germany responds to new accusations against Russia