January, 24 marks the anniversary of Russia launching a massive attack on the Ukrainian city of Mariupol. The troops used multiple launch rocket systems to fire on civilian quarters. On that day in 2015, Russian troops deliberately shelled residential areas of Mariupol, killing 30 and injuring 128 people. Children were among the dead and injured. The unprovoked missile attack was instructed, directed and supervised by military commanders in active service with Russia's Ministry of Defence from Moscow - i.e. directly from the Russian territory.
Despite reports of civilian casualties following the initial barrage of rockets, Russian commanders ordered the continued firing on Mariupol.
Five years after the tragedy, the locals remember those horrible hours very well. They commemorate those who deceased in the attack, bringing candles and flowers to the memorial.
23 January 2020, 18:47 37 289 000 people live in Ukraine, - digital census
20 January 2020, 17:30 Five years later: Ukraine commemorates defenders of Donetsk airport, the ‘cyborgs’
20 January 2020, 17:28 Iran’s official comes to Ukraine with official apologies for downing civilian flight PS752
17 January 2020, 18:35 Ukraine’s premier Honcharuk files resignation letter after wiretapping scandal
15 January 2020, 15:52 Man detained after filming downing of Ukrainian aircraft in Iran
14 January 2020, 18:14 Arrests in Iran due to downing of Ukrainian civilian aircraft
- POLITICS 26 January 2020, 15:34 U.S. investigators in Ukraine interview diplomats in Yovanovitch case, - media
- POLITICS 26 January 2020, 17:43 Lawyers of Donald Trump present arguments in defense of U.S. president
- SOCIETY 26 January 2020, 16:35 China coronavirus toll rises to 54 dead, more than 300 new cases
- UKRAINE TOP 26 January 2020, 14:32 Plane crash in Iran: One of passengers suspected of supplying arms to Libya
- SOCIETY 26 January 2020, 13:29 Security service of Ukraine neutralized more than 480 cyberattacks on government bodies in 2019