The day has come. Friday, April 19 marked the date of the presidential debates in Ukraine, with incumbent head of the state Petro Poroshenko and comedian Volodymyr Zelensky as the two candidates.
Thousands of people expressed the will to see the event live. The unofficial venue of the debates is NSC Olimpiysky stadium, the largest sports arena in Kyiv. Suspilne TV channel, the official broadcaster of the event aired the debates, too.
On Sunday, Poroshenko and Zelensky will go toe-to-toe in the second round of the presidential election.
18 April 2019, 19:37 Russia bans export of oil and petroleum products to Ukraine
18 April 2019, 19:34 EU demands that Russia release Ukrainian sailors
17 April 2019, 19:05 Russian court rules to keep captured Ukrainian sailors in detention until July
17 April 2019, 19:01 Crimean Tatar activist detained on checkpoint in occupied Crimea
15 April 2019, 18:53 Five years since beginning of conflict in eastern Ukraine
15 April 2019, 18:51 Presidential election in Ukraine: Zelensky avoids debates with Poroshenko
- UKRAINE TOP 21 April 2019, 20:58 Who is Mr. Ze: All we need to know about Volodymyr Zelensky
- UKRAINE TOP 21 April 2019, 12:00 Second round of presidential election in Ukraine: Key points
- UKRAINE TOP 21 April 2019, 20:00 Zelensky – 73.7% of votes, Poroshenko – 26.3%, – All-Ukrainian exit poll on 112 Ukraine TV channel, final results
- UKRAINE TOP 21 April 2019, 11:40 Presidential Election Day, round 2: live stream from Central Election Committee
- UKRAINE TOP 21 April 2019, 20:30 Petro Poroshenko comments on exit polls results showing Zelensky winning