President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky signed the law #71/2021 On transfer to the reserve of military men of compulsory military service, terms of holding of regular drafts and regular drafts of the citizens of Ukraine for compulsory military service in 2021 as the President’s Office reported.
This year, the transfer to the reserve of military men who served established terms at the compulsory military service is planned for April-July and October-December.
In January 2022, the military will be dismissed who were drafted in July 2020 (due to the spread of Covid-19 all over Ukraine).
According to the document, the draft of the citizens of Ukraine for compulsory military service will be held during April-June and during October-December 2021.
The draft committees will start work on April 1 and October 1, 2021, correspondingly. The preliminaries for the draft will start from March 1 and September 1, 2021.
In accordance with the demands of the legislation of Ukraine, the citizens of military age are not drafted and provided with a deferral for getting of education as they learn:
- in the establishments of general secondary education of III level and professional (professional-technical) education with the full-time mode of study;
- in the establishments of the professional before the higher education with a full-time mode of study, including getting of the beginner level (short cycle) and first (bachelor) degree of the higher education on programs of a multiple-stage system of education;
- in the establishments of the professional before the higher education or higher education with a full-time mode of study, including getting the next degree of the education;
- in the establishments of secondary-level or higher religious education with a full-time mode of study;
- in the internship, research degree, or higher doctorate with or without day release.
Moreover, the deferral from the draft to compulsory military service is provided to the citizens by family circumstances, for the continuation of professional activity and health grounds.
The consideration of the issue on draft or provision of deferral (release) from the draft in correspondence with the legislation is laid upon district (city) draft committees.
Besides, according to part 15, article 17, the Law of Ukraine On duty of service and military service, in cases not provided by the current law, the deferral from the draft might be provided to the conscripts according to the decision of the draft committees of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, regional and Kyiv city on submission of the district (city) draft committees.
Moreover, according to the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (NSDC) from August 28, 2014 On urgent measures on protection of Ukraine and enhancing its defense capability introduced by the order of the president of Ukraine on September 24, 2014 #744, conscripts to the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations are not involved in the combat tasks in the area of the Joint Forces Operation.