President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky awarded the title of Heroes of Ukraine to the crew members of Ukrainian International Airlines plane, who died in the plane crash near Tehran on January 8. This is stated in the text of the decree signed on December 29.
The title of Hero of Ukraine with the Order of the Gold Star for heroism and selfless actions during the performance of official duties were awarded (posthumously) to:
- flight attendant Haponenko Volodymyr
- flight attendant Lykhno Denys
- senior flight attendant Matkov Ihor
- flight attendant Mykytyuk Maria
- Commander of the aircraft - pilot-instructor Naumkin Oleksiy flight attendant Ovcharuk Valeriya
- flight attendant Solohub Yulia
- senior flight attendant Statnik Kateryna
- second pilot Khomenko Serhiy
On January 8, 2020, Boeing 737 of Ukraine's International Airlines, flight PS752 with 176 passengers aboard crashed in Tehran, not far from Imam Khomeini airport.
11 citizens of Ukraine died in the crash of Boeing 737 of Ukraine's International Airlines (PS 752 flight). President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky reported that the passenger plane crash in the Iranian capital left no survivors.