President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky signed a decree on the establishment of an organizing committee for the preparation and holding of the constituent summit of the Crimean Platform in Ukraine. This was reported by the press service of the Office of the President.
According to the document, Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba became the chairman of the organizing committee. His deputy will be Deputy Head of the President's Office Ihor Zhovkva.
The President instructed the Foreign Ministry to coordinate Ukraine's participation in the activities of the Crimean Platform, and the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Oleksandr Danilov to prepare a draft strategy for deoccupation and reintegration of the temporarily occupied territory of Crimea and Sevastopol.
The Cabinet of Ministers has been instructed to develop and approve a strategy for the development of the Crimean Tatar language for 2022-2032.
The organizing committee also includes:
- Minister of Internal Affairs Arsen Avakov;
- Head of the Security Service of Ukraine Ivan Bakanov;
- Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko;
- Minister of Infrastructure Vladislav Krykliy;
- Minister of Finance Serhiy Marchenko;
- Deputy Prime Minister Oleksiy Reznikov;
- Minister of Culture and Information Policy Oleksandr Tkachenko;
- the head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov.
The Crimean Platform was initiated as an international coordination mechanism to return the Crimean issue to the agenda, protect human rights in Crimea and promote the deoccupation of the peninsula.
The first summit of the Crimean platform is scheduled for August 23, 2021.