President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky spoke on the ICTV channel, where he answered a number of questions that related to the upcoming All-Ukrainian quarantine, prohibitions and restrictions, as well as how people should be in such conditions.
Here is what the president said:
The main thing from Zelensky’s speech
- The situation is “good” in comparison with other countries in terms of statistics.
- Not enough quick tests for coronavirus. But they solved the problem.
- On Saturday, Ukraine expects the arrival of a million quick tests. The Chinese businessman Jack Ma and the Ukrainian businessman Oleksandr Yaroslavsky helped.
- The army will be at the forefront.
- “We must close everything we can close.” Metro is a priority.
- People can get to work by transport: minibuses, taxis, trolleybuses, trams. Or on foot.
- There was a conversation with large businessmen to arrange a separate transport for their employees.
- Priority of people's lives - then work.
- If the mayor of Kharkov, Gennady Kernes, violates the law, he will face criminal liability.
- The state will help people. Structural programs are being developed.
- Together with retailers, a structure is being developed for delivering goods to people who need help.
- We are creating a separate fund: 12-13 billion hryvnias. The oligarchs should help
- state of emergency? If necessary, we will introduce it.
As we reported before, On Tuesday, March 17, the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (NSDC) will hold an extraordinary emergency meeting on counteraction of the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus.