Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada supported the appointment of Oleh Urusky to the position of Vice Prime Minister - Minister for Strategic Branches of Ukraine's Industry. 250 MPs voted for his candidacy.
Earlier, the relevant draft resolution was registered in the Verkhovna Rada, which was revoked later by the government and then it was returned to the parliament.
Therefore, the government has decided on a candidate for a new position (previously it was not in the Cabinet). Let's see what is known about the candidate.
Who is Oleh Urusky?
Oleh Urusky was born on April 13, 1963 in Chortkiv of Ternopil region. He graduated from the Kyiv Military Aviation Engineering Academy. He is a Doctor of Engineering Science.
Previous places of work:
- Chairman of the Board of the National Space Agency of Ukraine (1993-1996).
- Chairman of the Administrative Office of the National Security and Defense Council (1996-2000).
- First Deputy Chairman of the State Commission for Defense and Industrial Complex of Ukraine (2000-2003).
- Department Head in the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers (2003-2005).
- First Deputy Minister of Industrial Policy (2005).
In 2015, he headed the State Space Agency of Ukraine. Since April, he has been the head of the engineering company Progresstech-Ukraine, which provides engineering services and software for leading enterprises in the high-tech sectors of the economy.