"The population of eastern Ukraine continues to suffer from the consequences of the ongoing conflict. While the news from Ukraine is no longer in the spotlight, people still need our help," Neal Walker, UN resident humanitarian coordinator in Ukraine said in a statement.
According to him, 32 international bodies and 16 national agencies plan to provide assistance to 2.3 million most vulnerable residents of Donbas region next year.
A large share of the aid will be distributed among elderly people, women and children, who were affected by the conflict, Walker said.
According to the UN, the conflict between government troops and pro-independence rebels in Donbas, which started in April 2014, has affected about 4.4 million people so far.
At the same time, Walker specified that the humanitarian plan for 2017 provided for UN assistance to the victims in the East of Ukraine in amount of 204 million dollars, but as of November 21 it was implemented only by 28% - 56 million dollars of this amount were provided.
As it was reported earlier the European Commission will not allocate the third tranche of the macro-financial support in the sum of 600 million euros to Ukraine.
It is noted that Ukraine got two tranches in the total sum of 1.2 billion euros from the provide 1.8 billions of the macro-financial support. The term of the current program will end in the beginning of January 2018.