The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) served charges to Deputy Defense Minister of Russia, Head of the Chief of Main Directorate for Political-Military Affairs of the Russian Armed Forces Andrey Kartapolov as the SBU reported.
The charges serviced according to the next articles of the Criminal Code of Ukraine:
- attack on territorial integrity and inviolability of Ukraine;
- holding of aggressive war;
- violation of laws and customs of war inherent in an intentional murder.
It is noted that “Andrey Kartapolov in January-February 2015, occupying the position of Head of the Main Operational Directorate, Deputy Head of the General Staff of Russia’s Armed Forces, held a planning and coordination of actions of the detachments of the Armed Forces of the state aggressor and illegal armed formations controlled by them on the seizure of Debaltseve and settlements adjacent to it”.
According to the SBU investigators, he acted by the previous concert with other persons from the leadership of the Armed Forces of Russia.
The SBU also reported that in August 2014, Kartapolov together with other representatives of the command of the Armed Forces of Russia:
- provided planning and management of the Russian detachments during their invasion in Ukraine;
- participated in the organization of murder of Ukrainian military men near Ilovaisk during their passage along the so-called green corridor;
- provided further armed occupation of other settlements of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
For the commitment of the crimes incriminated by the Criminal Code of Ukraine, the maximal punishment in the form of life imprisonment is provided.
On February 16, the SBU served charges in state treason to Anatoliy Shariy, blogger and politician.
According to investigators, Shariy was carrying out illegal activities to detriment Ukraine's national security in the information sphere.
In his turn, Shariy stated that the Security Service of Ukraine did not serve him charges officially. He read about it on the Telegram channel.