The Cabinet of Ministers amended regulation #211 dated March 11, 2020, and allowed the work of food markets during the quarantine.
However, the markets should meet several requirements:
- presence of registration of agri-food market as an operator of the market of food products;
- workers and visitors should be allowed to enter the territory of the market only wearing a medical mask (or respirator);
- people should pass non-contact temperature screening
- presence of antiseptic at each entrance to the territory of the market, dispensers with antiseptic;
- number of visitors, who stay in the market simultaneously, should not exceed one person per 10 square meters of shopping floor space;
- the distance between the sellers’ premises should be not less than three meters, trade premises should be equipped with protective shields between the sellers and buyers (made from sheeting or plastic);
- disinfection of contact surfaces should be held every three hours, cleaning and disinfection of all rooms, including stationary trade premises, should take place at the end of each working day;
- absence of uncontrolled trade in the territory adjacent to the market;
- provision of constant informing of the visitors about restrictions and necessity to stick to them;
- markets should observe the demands concerning the preventive measures on counteracting the spread of Covid-19 and prompt resolution of the violations.
The adopted amendments will allow to provide the population with food at affordable prices. Moreover, the terms will be created for sale of food grown by farmers and family holdings and receiving income by them.
State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection should hold exceptional inspections of the markets.
The Economy Ministry specified that 872 markets will open tomorrow all over Ukraine.
“The adopted regulation will be published in Uryadovy Kuryer tomorrow and it will mean the re-start of the work of food markets. With the observation of the sanitary norms offered by Chief Sanitary Inspector of the Health Ministry, 872 markets will open in Ukraine,” Economy Minister Ihor Petrashko stated.
At least two inspectors should work at each market. They will hold exceptional inspections. In case of the violation of the demands, the fines will be imposed.
As we reported, the Cabinet of Ministers published a plan for releasing Ukraine from the lockdown, which the government previously extended until May 11. The plan consists of five stages.