As the quarantine is announced in Ukraine, aiming to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, foreign consulate estabishments and consulate departments in the international checkpoints, and the Department of Consulate Service of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine temporarily cease the appointments for citizens and visa issuance since March 14", reads the message.
So far, there has been no information about the approximate date for the work to resume.
As we reported, the restrictive measures will be enhanced in Kyiv from March 17 due to coronavirus. The work of food outlets, sports complex and entertainment establishments will be restricted as Kyiv Mayor Vitaly Klitschko reported on his website.
Starting from March 17, such events are restricted:
- The movement of people between Kyiv and other settlements of Ukraine;
- Holding of cultural, sports, social, religious and other events with massive participation of the citizens;
- Work of food outlets. The fast-food establishments, restaurants, cafés and bars will be closed. They will be able to take orders for delivery online.
- The shopping malls will not work, excluding groceries, household stores and pharmacies.
The banks, ATMs and filling stations continue to operate. However, the work of such facilities is temporarily closed:
- Sports centers and gyms;
- Public service facilities: spa salons, beauty salons, saunas, facial rooms, massage studios, hair salons, tattoo studios and others.
- Entertainment establishments – discos, nightclubs, computer clubs.
“We understand that it is an inconvenience for the citizens of the city and losses for the business. But they are forced and temporary. Incomes and money are important. And health and the lives of people are the most important! And we should take care of them first of all,” Kyiv mayor added.