The next mass media faced the sanctions:
- joint-stock company 'Channel One', official representative office of the joint-stock company 'Channel One', open joint-stock company 'NTV TV Company', joint-stock company 'Channel One. Worldwide network';
- TV Channel 'RTR-Planet', information 'TV Channel Russia-24' that are the part of the federal state unitary enterprise 'Russian state TV and Radio broadcasting Company';
- federal state unitary enterprise 'Russian state TV and Radio broadcasting Company';
- open joint-stock company 'NTV+';
- open joint-stock company 'TV and Radio Company of Armed Forces of Russian Federation 'Zvezda';
- joint-stock company 'TNT-Network';
- joint-stock company 'Moscow Media';
- autonomous non-profit organization 'Information center of radio broadcasting, art and culture 'Fate, Hope, Love'';
- federal state unitary company 'International information agency 'Russia Today'';
- closed joint-stock company 'National media group';
- open joint-stock company 'TV and Radio Company Petersburg';
- limited liability company 'Aktsept', TV channel 'Rent TV';
- autonomous non-profit organization 'Public TV of Russia';
- limited liability company 'Media Content';
- limited liability company 'Promedia';
- limited liability company 'Nashe Radio.
The sanctions are imposed for three years.
The main sanctions are the blocking of the assets – the temporarily restriction of right to manage the property; stop of the execution of economic and financial obligations; ban for use of the radio-frequency resources of Ukraine, restriction and stop of the provision of the TV-communication services and use of the TV-communication networks of the common use.
The National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine reported to 112.ua that the absence of some companies in the new sanctions list does not mean that the sanctions were lifted.
The council emphasized that the new list extended the number of the companies and persons against which the sanctions have been already imposed and extended the sanctions imposed in 2017 for one year.
The companies that faced sanctions for three years in 2017 were not included in the 2018 list.
As we reported Ukraine has suspended the work of the agency RIA News-Ukraine for three years. Ukraine obliged Internet providers to block access to the internet resource of the agency - rian.com.ua.
As we reported the workers of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) and the Prosecutor's Office of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea has exposed the network of the media entities controlled by the Russian Federation. The law enforcement bodies held the investigative actions at the office of RIA News-Ukraine.
On May 15, the SBU considered the detention of the head of RIA News Ukraine agency’s office.