The Foreign Ministry recommends: make sure before the travel that it can take place. You should:
- get in contact with the air company, travel firm, or tour operator that booked the travel and specify the latest status of the quarantine in the country and check the status of the booking. The situation might change that is why you should stay in touch with the operator constantly;
- you should also get in touch with the diplomatic establishment of Ukraine in the country where you planned the travel and the representative’s office of that state in Ukraine. The official bodies may provide comprehensive and actual information about current quarantine restrictions;
- take care of the presence of the extra funds in case of emergency (cancelation of return flights and necessity to purchase new tickers, forced stay in the country for extra terms). Take different means of payment: payment cards, cash and so on;
- carefully consider the terms of your insurance policy. Make sure that it covers the losses, which can occur in case of emergency, including infection with coronavirus;
- take care of your health. Take extra medicines necessary for you personally – in case of a forcible stay abroad.
Besides, it is recommended to check the information about the possibility of entrance or transit through official sources.
Meanwhile, the Foreign Ministry intends to hold explanatory work with the air companies that hold international passenger flights from Ukraine to ban the sale of the tickets to the countries that ban entrance for the Ukrainian tourists.
As we reported, in Athens, 17 citizens of Ukraine, who flew to Greece from Kyiv, were detained at the airport control. Among the detainees there are children.
Ukrainians were taken to a police station on the territory of the airport and placed in cells, including children. They spent the night there and remain there for now.
Later, it was reported that it is planned to return the Ukrainian citizens on July 7.