“To stop the rapid spread of the disease, the commission on the emergency of Kyiv, made the next decision: from 00:00 March 20, in other words, in the night of Friday, Kyiv introduces strict quarantine restrictions because we need to save health and lives of people,” Klitschko reported.
The next activities will be banned:
- work of cultural facilities;
- work of shopping malls;
- holding of religious divine services;
- holding of mass events;
- presence of watchers at sports competitions.
- food establishments will work only for take out;
- gas filling stations will work without cafes;
- hairdressing salons, beauty salons will work only by appointment. As well as fitness and gyms but without group activity;
- kindergartens will work; while schools will return to distant learning after the holidays;
- all enterprises and organization of public sphere switch to distant work;
- the private business also should switch to distance form of work, expect the enterprises of critical infrastructure;
- public transport of Kyiv will work as usual. With the observation of strict norms of passengers’ transfer and mask regime. 50% of places should be occupied.
During the past 24 hours, 1,092 people got infected in Kyiv. Besides, 30 lethal cases spotted; 148 people hospitalized and 666 patients recovered.
Besides, on March 17, 15,053 people got infected with coronavirus in Ukraine. Particularly, 744 children and 425 medics infected. 4,376 people were hospitalized; 267 lethal cases reported; 6,514 people recovered; 118,780 tests were held.