Snap parliamentary elections started in Ukraine on Sunday, July 21.
The elections to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine take place every 5 years on the last week of October. The regular elections would be normally scheduled for October 27, 2019.
However, on the day of his inauguration, the newly-elected President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky disbanded the parliament and proclaimed snap parliamentary elections. The main reason for this he named low level of trust of the people to this Verkhovna Rada.
The Central Election Commission registered such parties for participation in the parliamentary elections 2019:
- Opposition Bloc Party
- Strength and Honor Party
- Batkivshchyna (Fatherland) Party
- Patriot Party
- Power of People Party
- Opposition Platform – For Life Party
- Party of Greens of Ukraine
- All-Ukrainian Union Fakel
- Samopomich Party
- European Solidarity Party
- Ukrainian Strategy of Groysman Party
- Civil Position Party
- Social Justice Party
- Servant of the People Party
- Power of Law
- Oleh Lyashko Radical Party
- Party of Shariy
- Holos Party
- Independence Party
- Agrarian Party of Ukraine
- All-Ukrainian Union Svoboda
- Movement of New Forces of Mikheil Saakashvili
The parties will be in this order in the voting paper.