Russian military helicopters came for Yanukovych after his escape

Source : 112 Ukraine

Ex-president left Ukraine in February 2014
13:40, 18 January 2018


Three Russian military helicopters picked up former Ukraine’s President Viktor Yanukovych in Zaporizhia region on February 22-23, 2014 and brought him to Crimea. This was stated by Yanukovych's ex-bodyguard Viktor Riznychenko during the questioning in Obolon court during the hearing on the case of state treason, Ukrainian News reported.  

Riznychenko said that he was a security guard of Yanukovych and on February 21-23, 2014 he accompanied ex-president during his escape from Ukraine. On the evening of February 21, Yanukovych, his family and security guards flew on two helicopters from the Mezhyhirya Residence to Kharkiv. From Kharkiv, they took two Falkon planes and flew to an unknown direction, but were demanded to return to the airfield by Oleksandr Turchynov.  

The planes landed in Donetsk, and Yanukovych with the guards took the cars to go to Crimea.

"When we were near Berdyansk (Zaporizhia region) we drove up to the agricultural field ... and immediately three Mi-8 helicopters landed on the field. The helicopters had red stars on them and the pilots were in military uniform, but without chevrons. I think that those were Russian helicopters," the witness said.

Related: Ukraine’s Prosecutor General doesn’t exclude possibility of investigating PrivatBank on $1.5 billion money laundering by Yanukovych’s clan

These helicopters took Yanukovych to Russian town Anapa and on February 23, he came to Crimea by the plane. He was taken to Yalta to the Russian Black Sea Fleet base. There, some of the guards left the ex-president who went to Russia.

Riznychenko also said that there were no attacks on the former president in February 2014.

"I personally do not know of any facts threatening Yanukovych's life," he said.

As it was reported earlier the Obolon District Court of Kyiv continues to consider the case of the state treason of Viktor Yanukovych.

The questioning of four workers of the Department of State Guard of Ukraine was scheduled for today. The questioning is held without the video-broadcasting, photo- and video-recording due to the request of the workers.

The Prosecutor's Office agreed to this term while the defense was against it. However, the judicial panel decided to stop the video-broadcasting of the court session during the questioning and limit the photo- and video-recording in the courtroom and not to remove all present people after the session. At the moment, the Prosecutor General's Office holds the audio-broadcasting of the court session.

Related: Yanukovych to return to Ukraine, his stay in Russia is temporary, - lawyer

Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

see more