Representatives of Russian Foreign Affairs Ministry are outraged by the accusations of British Defense Ministry and Foreign Office of Russian involvement in cyber-attacks on Ukraine in June last year. This is stated in the message of Russian Foreign Affairs Ministry.
“The new chapter of information war against Russia began. Russian trace is allegedly found in cyber-attack in Ukraine which happened in June, 2017. Barrage of accusations from Western mass media is now supported by British Defense Ministry and Foreign Office. This time, “guilt” is not on faceless and now legendary Russian hackers, but on Russian authority,” the message says.
Representatives of Russian Foreign Affairs Ministry stress that they issued a proposal to Great Britain concerning international information security. This, as Russian authorities think, could help to resist threats appearing in the info-sphere.
“In UN and on the world stage, Russia comes up with series of proposals, which could strengthen the international information security and help the world to cope with not mythical, but actual harmful activities in the informational space,” Russian Foreign Affairs Ministry reports.
Russia claimed that they are ready to “cooperate in the IIS sector pragmatically and encouraged the parties concerned to work constructively”.
“We believe, that the dialogue is an earnest of peace in the global informational space and its security. Proofless accusations become a weapon of those, who actually pursue aims, which are far away from peaceful,” Russia concluded.
Earlier UK Prime Minister called Europe to stay 'open-eyed' about 'hostile' Russia.
As we reported earlier, a large-scale cyber attack hit dozens of companies and enterprises across Ukraine. The attacks began at about 11.30 a.m. on June 27. The virus was spreading very fast. It damaged the computer operation on Windows, overloaded and coded. Due to that, most of the companies were working routinely, but some of them were completely disconnected from the network.
Later, Volodymyr Omelyan, Ukraine’s infrastructure minister, said that the cyber-attack was a test to define weak points of Ukrainian digital infrastructure. However, the ministry lost out millions. Security Service of Ukraine reported, that the virus was known earlier, now it is slightly modified.