Rescuers removed and cleared an anti-tank mine TM-42 in the Zaporizhzhia region on the shores of the Sea of Azov in the village of Kyrylivka, Melitopol district. The press service of the State Emergency Service reported this.
"On May 11, the mine-clearing party of the rescue brigade of special destination of the Zaporizhzhia removed and deactivated the TM-42 anti-tank mine from the past wars, which was found on the shores of the Sea of Azov in the village of Kyrylivka, Melitopol district," the statement said.
On the same day, the State Emergency Service pyrotechnics removed and cleared one 82-mm mortar bomb from the past wars, which was found during excavations in the forest strip outside the village of Zelenyi Gai of Vasylivka district.
Rescuers reminded that after detection of a suspicious subject it is necessary:
- stop any work in the area of the dangerous place;
- in no case move a suspicious object;
- organize the protection of a dangerous place;
- do not allow outsiders, especially children, to find until the specialists arrive;
- under no circumstances move, heat or disassemble a dangerous object.
As it was reported earlier, according to the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF), 42 children died as a result of the explosion of mines and unexploded ordnance during the war in Donbas.