In Ukraine, the service of registration in the waiting list for vaccination against Covid-19 has been officially launched. It will be available to citizens in Diya application or through the national contact center for countering the pandemic, according to the press service of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine.
Every citizen can register in the queue for vaccination from March 1.
"We ensure the possibility of the registration online, because it will make the process secure, fast and convenient. Registration through Diya will reduce queues, trips and people-to-people contacts, as well as have a huge anti-corruption effect on the country," Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov said.
What is the vaccination plan in Ukraine?
The calendar plan consists of 5 stages of vaccination of nine population groups. The plan also states who will be vaccinated against the coronavirus and when.
- February-April: 367,000 hospital physicians and participants of Joint Forces Operation (Donbas).
- April-May: 1.9 million people aged 80+ and primary care workers.
- May-June: 363,000 other health workers.
- June-July: 2.9 million people aged 70-79.
- July-August: 640,000 workers of state security bodies.
- August-September: 2.3 million people aged 65-69.
- September-October: 1.4 million educators.
- October-November: 2.8 million people aged 60-64.
- November-December: 1.7 million representatives of other categories.
The campaign of vaccination against a coronavirus infection in Ukraine started on February 24. Citizens, primarily physicians, are vaccinated with a vaccine released by the Indian Serum Institute with the license of the Oxford/AstraZeneca.
In addition, 10 million doses of the vaccine produced by the American company Pfizer are being prepared for shipment to Ukraine from the United States. It is unknown when deliveries are expected.