Recently, more and more regions of Ukraine are moving to the red quarantine zone and imposing restrictions on unvaccinated visitors to restaurants, gyms, cinemas, as well as employees of various organizations and institutions.
A list of areas that are in the red zone at this time was compiled and can be viewed below. Which cities and regions have got ahead of the official introduction of the red zone, and where the local commissions on technogenic and environmental and emergencies have introduced restrictions in advance. Thus
Which areas are red
As of today, eight regions are in the red quarantine zone:
On Wednesday, October 27, the National Commission on Technogenic and Environmental Safety and Emergencies decided to introduce the red zone to yet another seven regions on October 30. So, from 00:00 on Saturday these regions join the red zone:
15 regions in Ukraine will be in the red zone on Saturday.
Where else was the quarantine introduced
- Lviv introduced additional quarantine measures on October 18, although the city was still orange in epidemic indicators. There has been increased quarantine for the service industry - all employees in the service, trade and entertainment industry should be vaccinated or do PCR or antigen tests every three days.
There is a number of other restrictions on visitors that are planned to be introduced on November 1.
Lviv Mayor Andriy Sadovy announced that on October 28 City Commission for Emergencies ”will make difficult decisions ”and will publish its new plan on restrictions, as Lviv region will officially enter the red zone on October 30. It is already known that even stricter restrictions will be added on top of the red zone ones.
In the Khmelnytsky region the following restrictions currently apply:
- all marketswork at the rate of 1 person per 10 square meters and if employees have a negative test or document confirming vaccination against Covid-19 with at least one dose of the vaccine;
- kiosks, shops, supermarkets, hypermarkets- one person per 10 square meters, distance - 2 meters and if employees have a negative test or yellow certificate;
- hairdressers, beauty salons- employees need a test or a yellow certificate;
- hotels, hostels- employees need a test or a yellow certificate;
- bars, restaurants, cafes - employees need a test or a yellow certificate. Visitors are allowed only with a test or yellow certificate. Occupancy - 50%, with no more than 4 people at the table. Establishments are not allowed to work from 23:00 to 06:00 (except delivery);
- all mass events - organizers and visitors need to have a test or a yellow certificate;
- gyms, fitness centers, swimming pools - employees and visitors need to have a test or a yellow certificate;
- cultural institutions, cinemas- employees and visitors need to have a test or a yellow certificate.
In the Ternopil region:
- a ban on the operation of catering establishments, gyms, food and non-food markets, shops, government agencies, as well as holding mass events in the case of not a 100% Covid-certificate, negative PCR test/rapid test availability in employees and visitors of institutions;
- These rules also apply to interregional passenger traffic.
- Chernivtsi region is still a part of the orange zone, but the regional state administration has strengthened limitations on October 24: you can visit public institutions, entertainment events if you have a vaccination certificate, a PCR test or a document certifying recovery. Such restrictions also apply to public transport, irregular and regular transportation in the region.
- New restrictions will also take place in Kyiv, First Deputy Chairman of the Kyiv City State Administration Mykola Povoroznyk stated. The local commission on technogenic and environmental safety and emergencies will consider the introduction of restrictions on October 29.
What are the restrictions in the red zones?
According to the rules of the red zone, visitors of shopping malls, cafes, restaurants and cinemas must present certificates of two vaccinations or a negative test result. Unvaccinated people will not be allowed to enter. All employees and organizers of working businesses, business organizations must be fully vaccinated (green certificate).
Wearing of the mask in public places and public transport is mandatory, as well as keeping a distance of 1. 5 m.
The following is prohibited:
- operation of catering establishments, except for targeted delivery and takeaway orders;
- work of shopping malls and other entertainment establishments, cinemas, theaters, etc.;
- operation of non-food markets and shops, gyms, swimming pools and fitness centers;
- work of educational institutions, except for institutions where 100% of employees have a green Covid-certificate;
- mass events, except for official sports events and matches of team sports without spectators;
- work of cultural institutions, except for historical and cultural reserves, filming and video shooting;
- work of establishments that provide accommodation services (hostels, hotels, etc.)
Restrictions will not apply if all staff and all visitors to facilities or events, except those under the age of 18, have green Covid certificates.