In order to prevent a possible spread of coronavirus, it was decided to implement a plan of anti-epidemic measures and restrictions. We will tell you what it will change.
The restrictions will be introduced from March 12 and preliminarily until the end of the month.
After all, there were no cases of Covid-19 registered in Kyiv?!
Those are preventive measures. According to Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko, the authorities of the capital decided not to wait and ensure the safety of the city residents.
“Considering how today’s world is global and the dynamics of coronavirus spread, there is a potential threat of outbreak of emergency in the capital. In order to prevent a possible spread of the disease, the capital’s authorities approved a plan of anti-epidemic measures,” Klitschko said.
What will change?
- Education process will be limited and remote teaching will be ensured in schools and universities, kindergartens, art and sports schools;
- Holding public events in the capital will be restricted – concerts, conferences etc.;
- Cinemas will cancel movie shows;
- Entertainment centers and zones in the shopping-malls will be closed.
- The control will be strengthened in shopping malls, public health physicians will keep watch there.
- Klitschko urged the heads of organizations and enterprises of the city to review the working schedule of the employees who have little kids.
- Public transport will work in normal mode. All the rolling stock will be disinfected twice a day.
- The subway will not be closed. As Klitschko told BBC Ukraine, this scenario will be likely only in case of “mass outbreak of Covid-19”. “I hope that it will not come down to this and we will not have to stop the transport,” the Mayor noted.
It is important!
As the Deputy Health Minister and Chief Sanitary Doctor Viktor Lyashko said at the briefing, the government is considering introducing the restrictions over Wuhan coronavirus all over Ukraine.
The meeting is ongoing. We will report its results.
As for Wednesday, March 11, only one confirmed case of new type coronavirus infection was registered in Ukraine.