On December 9, 2016 General Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine completed a pre-trial investigation in the criminal proceedings on suspicion of the former head of the Party of Regions Oleksandr Yefremov. It was reported by the press service of the Prosecutor General’s Office.
On the basis of the collected appropriate and admissible evidence Yefremov is reasonably suspected in:
1) the organization of building seizure, which ensures the activity of bodies of state power, the Luhansk regional state administration for the purpose of illegal usage and obstruction of the normal functioning of institution (Part 3 of Article 27, Article 341 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
2) assisting in the capture of the building, which ensures the activity of public authorities, the Office of Security Service of Ukraine in the Luhansk region for the purpose of illegal usage and obstruction of the normal functioning of institution (Part 5 of Article 27, Article 341 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
3) committing deliberate actions to change the boundaries of the territory and the state border of Ukraine in violation of the rule, established by the Constitution of Ukraine, committed by a person who is a representative of the authorities, on preliminary arrangement with the group of persons, which led to serious consequences (Part 3 of Article 110 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine );
4) organizational and other assistance for the establishment and activity of a terrorist organization "Luhansk People's Republic" (Part 1, Article 258-3 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
5) state treason, namely providing assistance to the foreign organization and its members in carrying out subversive activities against Ukraine (Part 1, Article 111 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
Now the defense has the right to review all materials of the pre-trial investigation gathered by the prosecution.
Yefremov is in custody, his arrest was extended until January 22. He was detained on July 30 at Kyiv airport on suspicion of infringement on the territorial integrity and inviolability of Ukraine.