President Petro Poroshenko has ratified the plan of conducting international military drills in 2018, as well as approved the admission of foreign military for participation in the drills on the territory of Ukraine. The president signed the respective law, as his press service informs.
According to the documents, Ukraine is planning to host a number of international drills on preparing the Armed Forces:
- Ukrainian-American drills Rapid Trident - 2018
- Ukrainian-American drills See Breeze - 2018
- International drills Light Avalanche - 2018
- International drills Clear Sky - 2018
- Ukrainian-Romanian drills Riverian - 2018
It is expected that the drills, among other things, will allow for a financial revenue into the national economy through allocating corresponding goods, services, and work for the units of other countries.
Ukraine’s Minister of Defence is to be responsible for preparing and conducting the military exercises.
The documents come into force on the day of their publication.