In the Luhansk region, the large-scale fires rage. According to Head of the Luhansk Military City Administration Serhiy Haidai, as for today’s morning, the situation was very difficult.
The latest news
- According to the Interior Ministry, there are nine victims of the fire.
- Another 10 people were hospitalized.
- Currently, the fires near Pidlisne, Artema, Bolotyane, and Severodonetsk are localized.
Earlier, the Head of the Luhansk Military City Administration reported the next:
- The fire spread for 10,000 hectares in 24 hours.
- 11 settlements turned out to be in the ring of fire, including those near Severodonetsk.
- A few dozens of houses and public buildings were damaged.
- The reasons for fire outbreak will be established by investigation.
- The prosecutor’s office opened the criminal proceeding due to the violation of the demands of fire safety established by the legislation.
As of 07:00 a.m., 146 fires were observed in the Luhansk region; 82 were eliminated, the extinguishing of 64 continues.
The putting out a fire is complicated by high wind over 20 meters per second.
The reaction of the President’s Office
The Office of the President reminded that during the past 24 hours, over 100 fire beds were observed in the Luhansk region.
“We also consider the information about provocative attacks that could be held from the temporarily occupied territory of our state by illegal armed formations and that could lead to at least some of these fires in such weather conditions observed these days at the demarcation line,” the message said.
Stanytsia Luhanska regional administration, citing the citizens of Stanytsia Luhanska, reported that starting from 11:30 p.m. ‘the attacks from the high-caliber weapons from the occupied territory were observed”.
Later “loud explosions of the ammunition were heard near the checkpoint. About 12:20 a.m., the fire in the forestland near the checkpoint was reported”.
The reaction of the Prosecutor General’s Office
Prosecutor General Iryna Venedyktova confirmed that the criminal proceedings were opened due to the violation of the demands of fire safety established by the legislation. She added that currently, the urgent investigative actions continue.
According to her, the rescue units of Luhansk, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, and Poltava regions are involved in the firefighting.
The reaction of the Interior Ministry
The Interior Ministry reported on Telegram that the operational unit headed by the First Deputy Interior Minister Serhiy Yarovy came to the site.
Details from the Interior Ministry:
- Five people died as a result of the fire.
- 120 people were evacuated.
- Totally, 1,229 people and 204 units of equipment involved in the extinguishing of the fire.
- The aviation was involved in firefighting.
- Police opened seven criminal proceedings due to the fires in the Luhansk region.