All five questions from the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky that will be answered by Ukrainians on election day, October 25 become known. The full list was announced by Mykhailo Podoliak, an adviser to the head of Office of the President, as Novoe Vremya reports.
As you know, Zelensky has already voiced the first two questions.
According to Podoliak, the following questions should be expected on election day:
- Do you support the idea of life imprisonment for corruption on a particularly large scale?
- Do you support the creation of a free economic zone in Donetsk and Luhansk regions?
- Do you support the reduction of the number of MPs to 300?
- Do you support the legalization of cannabis for medical purposes - to reduce the pain of critically ill patients?
- Do you support Ukraine's right to use the security guarantees set out in the Budapest Memorandum to restore its state sovereignty and territorial integrity?
It is worth noting that the first question that Zelensky intends to include in the all-Ukrainian poll is about the introduction of life imprisonment for corruption on a large scale.
As we reported earlier, according to the Office of the President of Ukraine, the above-mentioned poll is not going to have any legal consequences.
The Committee of Voters of Ukraine stated that conducting a poll on the day of the election on October 25 contradicts the Electoral Code. The procedure for conducting a nationwide poll on election day is not provided for in the Electoral Code.