The Command of Ukraine's Air Force denies the allegations about Russia's bomber aircraft entering the airspace over Donbas on February 15. The respective message appeared on Facebook.
'Some news agencies have been spreading the piece of information, which stated that the flight of Russian Air and Space Forces warplane, Tupolev Tu-95 took place in Ukraine's airspace over the area of Joint Forces Operation. Having checked the information, we state that it was not true. The on-duty forces of anti-aircraft defense of Ukraine's Air Force conduct combat patrolling every day, protecting Ukraine's airspace. The defenses are ready to quickly and timely react to any kind of air threats', it says.
Previously, OSCE SMM observers mentioned in their daily report that the said flight did take place.
'At 10:00 on 15 February, while positioned in the south-western outskirts of Starobesheve (non-government-controlled, 32km south-east of Donetsk), the SMM saw flying object south-east of its location flying from south-west to north-east. Based on hand-held imagery, the SMM assessed it as a swept wing four-engine turboprop aircraft (likely a Tupolev TU-95 or Tupolev TU-142). From 10:50-11:10, positioned in an area north-west of Liubivka (formerly Leninske, non-government-controlled, 43km south-east of Donetsk), the SMM saw an aircraft (likely a Tupolev TU-95 or Tupolev TU-142) east of its location flying from north to south and back again,' the report says as posted on February 17.