New quarantine restrictions aimed at preventing the spread of coronavirus have come into force in Ukraine. This is stated in Resolution #954 "On Amendments to the Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from December 9, 2020 #1236 and from June 29, 2021 #677," approved by the government on September 13.
"Green" zone requires to wear masks in public places and transport.
In addition to the mask mode and the requirement to keep a distance, the "yellow" zone prohibits:
- mass events with the participation of more than 1 person per 4 square meters of area of the premises or territory;
- occupancy of cinemas and other cultural institutions of more than 50% of seats;
- occupancy of gyms and fitness centers more than 1 person per 10 square meters;
- work of educational institutions, except for those where at least 80% of employees have a "yellow" or "green" Covid-certificate.
These restrictions will not apply if more than 80% of the staff and 100% of visitors, other than those under the age of 18, have been vaccinated against Covid-19 with one or two doses and have presented a certificate.
"Orange" zone has the same restrictions as in "yellow". Local authorities may impose additional restrictions.
The "red" zone forbids:
- work of catering, except for address delivery and takeaway orders;
- work of shopping malls, cinemas, theaters, entertainment establishments, cultural establishments, except for historical and cultural reserves, film and video shooting;
- operation of non-food markets and shops, gyms, swimming pools and fitness centers;
- work of educational institutions, except for those where 100% of employees are vaccinated with two doses;
- holding mass events, except for official sports events and matches of team games without spectators;
- work of hotels, hostels, etc.
Restrictions will not apply if all staff and all visitors, except those under the age of 18, are fully vaccinated (100%) against Covid-19.
The final decision on whether to provide services only to vaccinated people or to comply with all quarantine restrictions remains with the owner.
If you have a "yellow" or "green" certificate of vaccination or recovery from coronavirus, a person crossing the border or coming from the temporarily occupied territories may not go on self-isolation.
It was reported that for the last two weeks in Ukraine the epidemic situation worsened due to the beginning of the school year in educational institutions. During the day, 2,265 people were infected with coronavirus, another 44 patients died.
Earlier it was also reported that in Ukrainian hospitals more than a quarter of intensive care beds are occupied by Covid-infected patients. The highest occupancy of beds with oxygen is observed in Chernivtsi (55%) and Ternopil (40%) regions.