To the sanction list of Ukraine were added individuals and legal entities, who created real or potential threats to the national interests of Ukraine, violated the interests of the society and the state, led to property losses, created obstacles for the full realization of the rights and freedoms of citizens of Ukraine. The press service of the Ministry of Temporarily Occupied Territories and IDPs reported this.
Besides, according to the Ministry:
- 23 individuals, who were involved in conducting illegal archaeological search works on objects of cultural heritage or who participated in events aimed at legitimizing the illegal occupation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol;
- the Russian enterprises and enterprises from European countries that support the activity of the LLC "Titanium investments" in the city of Armyansk in Crimea;
- 14 legal entities involved in the supply of materials, equipment, and services for plants of the defense industry complex of the Russian Federation in the temporarily occupied territories;
- legal entities involved in the organization of transportation through the ports of Temryuk, the Caucasus and the Kerch Ferry Terminal;
- legal entities involved in the illegal construction of a transport passage through the Kerch Strait;
- individuals who are the directors/founders of legal entities involved in the illegal construction of a transport passage through the Kerch Strait;
- 30 individuals, citizens of foreign states who, as "international observers", participated in illegal elections of the President of the Russian Federation in the temporarily occupied territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol on March 18, 2018.
“The implementation of sanctions against all the involved individuals and legal entities make impossible further economic relations with Ukraine, create preconditions for the implementation of similar restrictive measures by the EU and the USA, and will contribute to the restoration of state sovereignty of Ukraine in the temporarily occupied territories of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol”, - the report added.
Earlier, the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed the order № 82/2019, which implements the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine from March 19, 2019, on “implementation, cancellation and adding of amendments to the personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions). The sanctions are implemented against the heads of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and deputies of the State Duma of the Russian Federation as well.
Besides, upon the request of the National Bank of Ukraine, the sanctions were imposed on the four banks of the aggressor state.