A military parade dedicated to the Independence Day takes place in Khreschatyk, the main street of Kyiv, today, on August 24.
Facts about this year parade:
- 5 thousand military men to take part in the parade;
- More than a thousand of them – participated in hostilities of anti-terrorist operation in Donbas combat zone;
- 200 people have the highest military awards for valor and combat heroism;
- more than 200 soldiers from armed forces of the NATO member states and those aspiring for NATO membership to participate as well;
- together with Ukraine’s leadership, nine defense ministers of the NATO member states, including James Mattis, current United States Secretary of Defense;
- no military equipment to take part in the parade. However, there’s an exhibition of Ukraine's modern military vehicles available on Khreschatyk.
Road traffic is closed until August 28.