The Ministry of Culture approved the national list of elements of the intangible cultural heritage of Ukraine, which includes 9 elements. This is stated in by the department’s decree from February 12, 2018.
According to the document, the list includes the tradition of:
- Kosiv hand-made ceramics (the current area - Ivano-Frankivsk region),
- Krolevets processing weaving (Sumy region),
- Opishnia ceramics (Poltava region),
- Petrykivka decorative painting (Dnipropetrovsk region),
- Cossack songs of the Dnipro region,
- Song tradition of Luka village of Kyiv-Sviatoshyn district (Kyiv region),
- Embroidery technology "white on white" and tradition of floral carpet weaving of Reshetylivka village (Poltava region),
- Ornek - the Crimean Tatar embroidery and knowledge about it (Crimea).
As it was reported earlier Ukraine’s Ministry of Culture has prepared all the necessary documents in order to declare the 2018 the year of restoration of cultural heritage. This was announced by the Minister of Culture Yevhen Nyshchuk.
Ukrainian Cossack songs were included to UNESCO World Heritage List. Cossack songs of Dnipro region are defined as heritage in need of urgent safeguarding.