The restrictive measures will be enhanced in Kyiv from March 17 due to coronavirus. The work of food outlets, sports complex and entertainment establishments will be restricted as Kyiv Mayor Vitaly Klitschko reported on his website.
From March 17, such events are restricted:
- The movement of people between Kyiv and other settlements of Ukraine;
- Holding of cultural, sports, social, religious and other events with massive participation of the citizens;
- Work of food outlets. The fast-food establishments, restaurants, cafés and bars will be closed. They will be able to take orders for delivery online.
- The shopping malls will not work, excluding groceries, household stores and pharmacies.
The banks, ATMs and filling stations continue to operate. However, the work of such facilities is temporarily closed:
- Sports centers and gyms;
- Public service facilities: spa salons, beauty salons, saunas, facial rooms, massage studios, hair salons, tattoo studios and others.
- Entertainment establishments – discos, nightclubs, computer clubs.
“We understand that it is an inconvenience for the citizens of the city and losses for the business. But they are forced and temporary. Incomes and money are important. And health and the lives of people are the most important! And we should take care of them first of all,” Kyiv Mayor added.
He noted that the city authority will work in a routine mode for the provision of the life-sustaining activity and security of the citizens of the capital. The departments of Kyiv City State Administration received demands toward the temporary abolition of advisory and collegial sessions, public hearings, private audiences of the citizens. The Administrative Services Centers should admit citizens only according to the previous online record.
“The city will take care of the provision of socially vulnerable groups, especially lonely older persons with the food and basic necessities. They will be supplied home,” Klitschko noted.
The heads of the enterprises, establishments and organizations of the capital, regardless of the form of ownership and subordination should transfer the work of the staff to remote access with the use of the electronic communication technologies. Besides, the regime of the preventive treatment should be put over the workers who visited the countries with the infection risk.
The use of transport is not limited. Kyiv citizens are asked not to move over the city without absolutely necessary.
“To work (for the people who will work), to groceries for food or to pharmacies. The whole public transport is disinfected a few times a day. In the metro, we ask people to wear facial masks. It is your security and security of people around you,” Kyiv Mayor said.
As we reported, Odesa mayor Hennadiy Trukhanov ordered to suspend the work of all public places, except for groceries and pharmacy shops.
Besides, Lviv city also decided to close all facilities, except groceries, filling stations and pharmacies.