All the details on Kalynivka as of 2:00 p.m., September 27, 2017:
- The fire started at about 10:00 p.m. on September 26. Police of Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr and Khmelnitsk regions were on high alert.
- The General Staff of Ukraine’s Armed Forces reported that 10% of the arsenal area was on fire.
- According to the open source data, 188,000 tons of ammunition is stored in the arsenal. The area of the arsenal is about 60 hectares. Vinnytsia regional administration states there are 83,000 tons.
- As of 10:00 a.m. 28,5 thousand people are already evacuated from the area of the incident on the arsenal. 20 thousand of them are evacuating themselves, 180 people from the Central regional hospital are also evacuated. The Vinnytsia regional administration reports 26 thousand people evacuated.
- The persons evacuated are accommodated in the Vinnytsya regional hospital and in the schools of the region center, Vinnytsia.
- Police state that there were no facts of pillage spotted, the streets are being patrolled by 239 policemen.
- Ukraine’s Prime-Minister Volodymyr Groysman stated that the radius of damage is 5 km.
- De-miners began clearing the territory around the arsenal.
- The airspace within a radius of 50 km from the fire zone has already been closed by the decision of Ukraerocenter.
- Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers allocated 3,8 million dollars to eliminate fire in Kalynivka of Vinnytsia region.
- 15 thousand people are cut off gas supply.
- Six residential houses on fire were put down.
- President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko convenes a military cabinet.
- Mykola Shevtsov, the Head of the Armed Forces armament, reported the arsenal was not overloaded.
As we reported earlier, one of the biggest ammunition depots in Ukraine is on fire since 10:00 p.m., September 26. Thousands of people from Kalynivka and other nearby villages had to get evacuated, many of them using their own transport. Volunteers were posting to social networks for the whole night offering help and providing new details on the explosions.