A trade union protest against the promotion of anti-social, anti-labor and anti-union legislative initiatives began in Kyiv on the morning of Thursday, October 7. Protesters marched from the Maidan Nezalezhnosti to the buildings of the Cabinet of Ministers and the Verkhovna Rada, Strana reports.
Traffic on Khreshchatyk and Hrushevskoho streets is blocked. Cynologists and explosives technicians are marching in front of a column of protesters.
In addition, security forces set the border in front of the Verkhovna Rada.
Now the protesting unions have approached the Cabinet, they want to pass their demands to the government. After that, the protesters will go to the Verkhovna Rada.
The participants make a number of demands to the Verkhovna Rada, the Government and employers of Ukraine. In particular, they demand an increase of the minimum wage and pensions, as well as the termination of consideration of changes in labor legislation in terms of simplifying the dismissal of employees.
Here are the union requirements:
- Adoption of a new Labor Code that will protect working people.
- Authorities - hands away from the property of public organizations and trade unions!
- To guarantee the constitutional right of citizens to full and productive employment, decent wages, safety and health of workers.
- Fair prices for Ukrainian gas, electricity tariffs and utilities for the population.
- The free energy market should not destroy domestic industry, jobs and the social sphere.
- To reduce poverty and social inequality, to approve the State Budget of Ukraine for 2022 with unconditional compliance of the amounts of payment and social protection of citizens specified by the laws of Ukraine, in particular:
- The minimum wage is $262.
- The minimum pension size - $137.
- The size of the official salary of the first tariff category in the budget sphere - $247.
- By the end of this year to pay salary arrears to 140 thousand workers in the amount of almost $152 thousand.
- Adopt at the VI session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine bills that will guarantee payments to employees in case of bankruptcy.
- Ensure full and timely payment of sick pay, maternity pay, social services and pensions! Stop the nationalization of self-governing funds of compulsory social insurance, eliminate the deficit of their budgets and the Pension Fund.
- Ensure the constitutional right to quality affordable education, medical services, the right of young people to the first job and the young family to housing.