The government noted that temporary restrictions of the entrance to Ukraine for foreigners are introduced to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 second wave in the territory of Ukraine.
Meanwhile, some categories of foreign citizens will be allowed to enter Ukraine during the action of the temporary restrictions. Besides, according to the Ukrainian legislation, the head of the State Border Guard Service is allowed to make an extra decision about controlled admission of the foreigners through the state border.
According to the decision of the government, the following categories of foreigners may enter Ukraine:
- foreigners who are relatives of the first line of the citizens of Ukraine;
- who have an official valid permit for work in Ukraine;
- who are technical specialists coming to Ukraine on the invitation of the Ukrainian enterprises;
- who come to Ukraine by transit and have documents confirming the leaving of the country in two days;
- who come to Ukraine for education;
- do military service at the Armed forces;
- permanently or temporarily live in Ukraine; have a permanent or temporary residence permit in Ukraine;
- who are heads and members of official delegations of foreign states, employees of the international organizations and people who accompany them, and enter Ukraine on the invitation of the president of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada, the Cabinet of Ministers, the President’s Office, the Foreign Ministry;
- are drivers or members of the crew of freight vehicles, buses, members of the crew of air, sea and river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
- members of a culture who come on the invitation of the cultural establishments with a person who accompanies;
- come to Ukraine to participate in official sporting events taking place in the territory of Ukraine and accompanying persons;
- persons who hold transportation of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
- receive treatment in the health establishments of Ukraine.
Mentioned categories of foreign citizens should have an insurance policy for coverage of possible expenses for Covid-19 treatment and observation.
Besides, the following categories of foreigners may enter Ukraine:
- who recognized as refugees or people who need extra protection;
- diplomats, workers of consular posts, representative and official international missions, organizations that have accreditation in Ukraine and members of their families or people who come to Ukraine on the invitation of the Foreign Ministry of Ukraine;
- the trainers of the Armed forces of the NATO countries-members and states-members partakers of NATO program Partnership for peace who participate in the event on the preparation of the detachments of the Armed Forces of Ukraine or come on the invitation of the Defense Ministry.
As we reported, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine temporarily closes borders for foreigners and individuals without citizenship. The country's borders will be closed since midnight of August 29 till midnight of September 28.