They charge the country’s national air company with violation of the contract and security ignorance during the flight over the conflict zone. The families demand that the air company pays compensation. According to their lawyer, relatives of the deceased passengers intend to support the lawsuit. In May, the ECHR received the lawsuit from the relatives of the MH17 passengers against Russia and personally President Putin for the emotional distress. As is known, the Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines, widely referred to as MH17 flight, was downed by Russian-made anti-aircraft missile Buk. The incident took place over Torez, Donetsk region, eastern Ukraine, on July 17, 2014. The aircraft carried 298 people on board; no one survived the tragedy. International experts found out that the missile was fired from the militant-held territory.
Families of the 6 crew members of the downed MH17 aircraft plan to sue Malaysia Airlines
Because of the negligence in setting the route of the flight.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:03Donbas: No casualties among Ukrainian troops
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:44Donbas conflict: Militants attack five times from small arms, no losses
- UKRAINE TOP 22:59Сoncept of Holocaust Memorial Babi Yar to be presented in November
- UKRAINE TOP 22:11Car accident in Kharkiv: Police publishes personal data of killed and injured
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:31Kremlin: monument to “heroes of Donbas” does not discredit Moscow's position
- POLITICS20:53Former US President Barack Obama returns to politics
- UKRAINE TOP 20:20Bellingcat publishes new evidence on downed MH17 flight case
- UKRAINE TOP 19:59Verkhovna Rada considered electoral reform
- UKRAINE TOP 19:23Ukrainian film enters competitive program of Stockholm International Film Festival
- SOCIETY18:58Crimean Prosecutor’s Office opens criminal proceeding due to illegal detention of Crimean Tatars
17:48, 19 October EU summit kicks off in Brussels
17:22, 19 October Lexus driver runs over crowd in Kharkiv, kills five people