“Currently, there is a ban for entrance to Hungary for the citizens of Ukraine. The citizens of Ukraine who are the parents or spouse of the citizens of Hungary and other EU countries have the right to enter. Besides, the citizens of Ukraine may enter Hungary for up to 24 hours within 30 km zone,” the embassy reminded.
In case of sufficient reasons (trial, employment, treatment, education, burial and so on) for entrance to Hungary, it is necessary to receive permission from the Hungarian police. To get it, a person should fill a form only in Hungarian language and file the electronic application.
For transit crossing of the Hungarian border, the individual permission from local authorities is not needed in such cases:
- if a citizen of Ukraine returns home by vehicle or a person has a document about the permanent residence, permission for stay, residence permit, visa for long-term employment or other documents, which confirms the right for a long stay in the country of destination issued by the official body of this country;
- a person meets all requirements for entry determined by Schengen Borders Code (biometric passport, visa);
- a person agrees to pass a test for Covid-19 and has no signs of suspicion for infection;
- if a person heads to the European state that allows the Ukrainians to enter without permission documents only with the biometric passport.
In such cases, a person should provide the next documents for transit through Hungary:
- biometric passport (or visa);
- medical insurance that acts in the territory of Europe;
- financial security (cash, bank statement and so on);
- document that confirms the intention to visit the country of destination (booking of hotel, apartments, document for ownership of the real estate and so on) and, in case of necessity, the documents that confirm the possibility of the entrance to other transit
- countries (Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Slovakia).
In all other cases, it is necessary to receive permission from the Hungarian police for transit, filling the electronic application.
As we reported, the Foreign Ministry of Ukraine published the recommendations for the Ukrainians who are going to travel abroad.