In Kyiv, 1,738 people became infected with the coronavirus on November 1, and another 60 patients died from Covid-19, a new anti-record in the capital, Kyiv meyor Vitaly Klitschko reports on Facebook.
The largest number of cases was detected in Desnianskyi district - 569, in Darnytskyi - 262, and in Sviatoshynskyi district - 254 cases.
During the day, 986 women aged 18 to 96 and 618 men aged 18 to 90 fell ill. As well as 64 girls from 20 days to 17 years and 70 boys from 1 month to 17 years.
211 patients with Covid-19 and 371 people with suspected Covid-19 and pneumonia were hospitalized in the capital.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 259,797 people have been infected with the coronavirus in Kyiv. At the same time, 6,208 deaths were recorded during the same period.
As it was reported, Kyiv is on its second day in the red quarantine zone. On Tuesday, November 2, significant traffic jams formed in the capital. Public transport is also experiencing congestion, and there are huge queues at bus stops.
It is known that the decision to apply anti-epidemic measures in Kyiv was made on October 28.
In particular, from 00:00 on November 1:
- it is prohibited to be at bus stops, in crossings, on the territory of hospitals and in other places where it is difficult to maintain a distance of 1 meter, without wearing a mask;
- only vaccinated people or people with a negative PCR test will be allowed to work and visit public places;
- children can visit crowded places only when vaccinated or with vaccinated/tested parents;
- public transport only for vaccinated people or people with a negative PCR test. The inspection will be carried out by law enforcement officers;
- it will be possible to work and visit food establishments, hotels, social protection establishments, gyms, fitness centers, centers for administrative services, labor and social protection departments, pension fund management, hold mass events, visit shopping malls only with a Covid-certificate or a negative PCR-test.
- educational institutions, except for kindergartens, do not go on vacation. The gardens will work if 100% of the staff are vaccinated.
- it is prohibited to carry out planned hospitalization measures by health care institutions of all forms of ownership, except for a number of urgent cases.