On January 8, Ukraine's civilian aircraft Boeing 737 belonging to Ukraine’s International Airlines crashed in Tehran.
At least 170 people were on board the plane. Some media reported about 180 passengers. All of the people who were on board died in the crash.
The aircraft was on its way from Tehran to Kyiv. The crash took place soon after the takeoff.
Crash of Boeing 737. Latest news
- Ukrainian Foreign Ministry said that Ukraine was ready to support and help the families of Ukrainians who died in the crash.
- Iranian media reported that students and graduates of Iran’s Sharif University of Technology deceased in a plane crash.
- The relatives of those killed in the crash of Boeing 737 in Tehran arrived at Boryspil Airport. Father of the senior flight attendant Valeriy Matkov said that he had learned about the tragedy from his daughter, who is in the United States.
- Boeing Company commented on the plane crash in Iran and voiced the readiness to help.
- Iranian rescuers found two black boxes at the scene of the PS 752 plane crash. However, Iran refused to give Ukraine the black boxes. Tehran has not yet decided to which country the black boxes will be sent to decrypt and analyze the data.
- Ukraine’s Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk stated that Ukraine ceased flights of Ukrainian airlines over Iran from January 9, 2020.
- Photos from the scene of the tragedy
- Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Oleksiy Danylov reported that 169 passengers had checked in for PS 752 flight, two had not gotten aboard.
- General Prosecutor’s Office began an investigation into the crash of Boeing-737 in Tehran. Prosecutors began work to establish causes of plane crash.
- Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Oleksiy Danylov urged not to rush to conclusions regarding the causes of the crash of the Ukrainian plane in Iran until the end of the official investigation.
- Ursula von der Leiden, the President of the European Commission expressed condolences to those who lost close people in the PS752 crash in Iran.
- President of Ukraine said that he had instructed the Prosecutor General to open criminal proceedings regarding the plane crash. He also announced the creation of an investigative commission and check of the airworthiness of the entire civilian fleet.
- Comment on the aircraft itself:
Aircraft of 2016 year of production was received by UIA directly from the concern's factory. The last scheduled maintenance of the aircraft was on January 6, 2020.
- The first statement of UIA:
The plane disappeared from the radars a few minutes after departure. According to preliminary data, there were 167 passengers and 9 crew members on board. A list of passengers will be posted on the airline's website after their final confirmation. UIA suspended flights to Tehran.
- Iranian media report that 147 Iranians and 32 foreigners were killed in a plane crash.
- Embassy of Ukraine in Iran stated that according to preliminary information, the cause of the PS 752 plane crash in Iran was a technical malfunction and ruled out the theory of the terror attack.
- An operational headquarters was created in the National Security and Defense Council under the control of NSDC Secretary Oleksiy Danilov.
- Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry launched a hotline for information about the disaster +38 (044) 238 16 57.
- Ukraine’s Defense Council reported that 168 passengers and 9 crew members had checked in for a flight.
- The head of the Emergency Service of Iran said that most of the passengers on the plane were Iranians.
- Some other photos from the scene of the plane crash.
- Video from the scene of a tragedy:
- The official version of the cause of the accident by representatives of Iranian Imam Khomeini airport – combustion of the engine.
- Iranian rescue services have already passed the black boxes to law enforcement agencies of the country for further investigation.
- The head of the Tehran Emergency Center said that the bodies of the deceased would be difficult to identify due to the high degree of damage.
- President Zelensky expressed his condolences over the crash. According to him, the Ukrainian Embassy in Iran investigates the circumstances of the tragedy and the list of the deceased. The president interrupted his trip to Oman and returned to Ukraine.
- According to the Prime Minister of Ukraine Oleksiy Honcharuk, there were 167 passengers and 9 crew members onboard the PS 752.
- Prime Minister Honcharuk said that the Ukrainian consul was working at the scene of the tragedy. An operational crisis group has also been created.