Feedback
Court refuses to release Pavlo Gryb under house arrest
16:31, 7 November 2017
Court refuses to release Pavlo Gryb under house arrest

The court session took place through the video conference.

16:31, 7 November 2017

censor.net.ua

Krasnodar Krai Court of Russia refused Pavlo Gryb, the citizen of Ukraine detained in Belarus to appeal as Censor.NET reported.

The defense asked to release Gryb under the house arrest but Lyubov Perfilova, the judge refused to. The court session took place through the video conference.

Related: Klimkin urges EU and G7 to send representatives to court session on Pavlo Gryb case

As it was reported earlier, 19-years old Pavlo Gryb got lost in Belarus on August 24. The young man was later found at a prison in Krasnodar, Russia. He told a Russian lawyer that he had been kidnapped in Belarus and brought to Russia, where he is accused under Article 205.1 of Criminal Code of Russia (Abetting of the terrorist activities). The Ukrainian's lawyer said that Gryb was arrested in Russia in absentia

The Russian authorities accused Pavlo Gryb of the preparation of the terrorist attack at the school. The period of investigation on Pavlo Gryb case was prolonged until January 2018 on October 18 and the representative of the investigation appealed to the court with a request to prolong the arrest of Gryb until January 4, 2018.

Related: New details of Pavlo Gryb’s abduction by Russian secret services

Earlier the ECHR demanded from Russia the statement on Pavlo Gryb's health. Also, he offered to send his doctors to the pretrial detention center and the Ukrainian side sent the doctors to him on October 11 without waiting for a permission of Russia. However, the Russian side did not let them see Gryb.  

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more