The bill was registered in the Parliament on May 29 under the No. 10340.
In particular, the bill provides that:
- the procedure of impeachment will be initiated by the majority of MPs from the constitutional composition of Verkhovna Rada;
- special temporary investigative commission including MPs, special prosecutor and special investigators will be created to provide complete and fair investigation;
- defender of the President of Ukraine will provide protection of rights, freedoms and legal interests of the Head of the State within the procedure of impeachment;
- special temporary investigative commission will prepare conclusions and proposal concerning state treason or other crimes committed by the President;
- plenary session of the Verkhovna Rada where the conclusions and proposals will be considered will be open (except the cases when the materials contain secret information protected by the law);
- after Parliament decides on the allegations against the President, Verkhovna Rada will appeal to the Constitutional Court and Supreme Court;
- the decision on the impeachment of the President will be made only if the Constitutional Court and Supreme Court prove that the Constitution of Ukraine and laws are observed;
- the respective decision will be considered made if no less than three-fourths of Ukraine’s MPs vote for it;
If Parliament does not decide on the impeachment of the President, the chairman has to apologize on behalf of Verkhovna Rada.
Earlier, it was reported that regulation committee will consider 1,600 amendments to the bill on temporary investigation commission with the norms on impeachment.